15

Author's P. O. V.

Jimin gestured towards the couches, still smiling cheekily.

"Please, sit down. No need to stand awkwardly there like a statue."

He took a seat on the couch, patting the cushion next to him, signaling for her to join him. She hovered for a moment, unsure, then slowly made her way towards the couch, sitting down on the edge of the cushion furthest from him.

Jimin noticed her unease and leaned in a bit, his voice casual but slightly concerned.

"You still seem pretty tense. How about a cup of tea? It might help to calm you down a bit."

She looked up at him, her eyes meeting his for the first time since she came down. She seemed surprised by his offer, but also hesitant.

She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out.

Jimin smiled warmly, understanding her silence.

"I'll go grab some, give me a second."

He stood up, and with one last comforting smile, headed towards the kitchen, leaving me and her alone in the living hall.

She looked around awkwardly, not knowing what to do. I was still sitting on the opposite couch, observing her quietly.

She seemed to feel my gaze on her again and her eyes flicked towards me for a brief moment before looking away again.

I could see her fidgeting, her feet shifting on the carpet. I was about to say something to break the silence when unexpectedly, she spoke first.

"I couldn't sleep."

Her voice was soft, a mere whisper.

I gave a small nod, acknowledging her statement.

"Insomnia?" I asked, my voice neutral.

She shook her head slightly, her fingers still fiddling with the hem of her top.

"No... I just..." she paused, biting her lower lip for a moment, her eyes darting around, a nervous tick.

"I just don't feel..." she stopped, not finishing her sentence.

I raised an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue, which she did after a few moments.

"I just don't feel... comfortable, I guess. It's all a bit too..." she paused again, searching for the right word.

"It's all a bit too unfamiliar, too strange."

I nodded, understanding what she meant. She was still new here, in an unfamiliar world, of course she would feel out of place. I was not one for reassurance or comfort, but I found myself saying words that I didn't know I had.

"It'll get easier."

She looked up at me again, her eyes meeting mine for a few seconds longer this time, her expression slightly bewildered.

But before she could respond, Jimin appeared again from the kitchen, a tray carrying three mugs of hot tea. He balanced it effortlessly as he made his way back to the living hall, setting the tray down on the coffee table between the couches.

He sat back down on the couch, grabbing one of the mugs and taking a small sip, his eyes darting between us. I could see he was silently observing our interaction, a small smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

He set down the mug and looked at her, his eyes gentle.

"Here, drink some. The chamomile might help."