Prologue

A line of aspiring veilweavers wound its way to the temple's heart. Lunar lilies adorned the path, their delicate white glowing petals a vivid contrast to the dividing violet veil.

With each step toward the symbolical veil, the boy's apprehension grew, casting shadows over his once-vibrant dreams. Fear pulsed through his veins, his heart like a relentless drum. He knew he was different. The unease clung to him.

His moment arrived. Stepping into the violet curtain, he took a long breath. Before the veil, the head priest, draped in violet and gold, awaited, bearing the weight of time. Kneeling before the old priest, the boy entrusted his dreams to the gods.

As the priest's cold fingers touched his head, a shiver of dread washed over him. The old man closed his eyes, a moment heavy with anticipation, sealing the boy's fate.

In the temple's silence, the head priest's voice resonated, his verdict echoing to the gods. "Unworthy."

A heavy heartache gripped the boy, smothering his dreams. His deepest fears were realized. He was marked as one of the cursed, unfit to stand among the revered veilweavers. Not even a mere powerless human; he was Unworthy.

As if summoned by fate, two figures in threadhunter attire appeared. With iron grips, they seized the boy, chaining him alongside others marked as unworthy. They were thrust to a desolate corner, far from the hopeful initiates.

Tears welled in the boy's eyes as he struggled to hold back sobs. His thoughts raced to his parents, their faces etched with disappointment. His gaze drifted to his chosen friends, and he felt the sting of abandonment. Would they remember the boy who once shared dreams and laughter? Would they miss him, or would he fade into a distant memory?

As the portal to the dreaded Bone Island opened, despair's scent filled the air. With an aching heart and tears staining his face, the boy clung to the prayers dedicated to the Gods who deemed him unworthy. As he stepped into the portal,no Gods offered him companionship - it was his black cat who accompanied him to the horrors of the Bone Island.