Chapter 14: Jyle

If it wasn't for Eve's ear piercing screams, I could've assumed she died. What's worse is that Cameron tortured her in front of me. By the time he was done, there was blood all over the iron bar, Eve's back, and the floor.

Wasted.

When Eve lifted her head up, it wasn't pain I saw. It was an emotion that was contained for years, inside of her, waiting for her to unleash it; waiting for her to snap. And she did.

Everglade, the youngest assassin on Earth, Everglade, broken many times but always piecing her life back together. Everglade, who had no one she cared for anymore. No one to use against her. The calm feeling is painted all over her face. The face before she kills.

I watch as she stands up, ignoring the immense pain on her back, the deadly slashes would definitely scar her. I wondered what she planned to do. Blood drips down her back and forms a puddle.

I watched as she unleashed the monster inside of her. Her eyes: so dark, so full of anger.

Eve swung a perfect high kick at Vincent, knocking him unconscious. She turned to face Cameron, punching him once in the stomach and slamming her fist down on his head. His body became rigid and the look on her face was horrific. When we locked eyes, I knew she wasn't done.

Ray and I sat in silence as she unlocked the door up from the cellars and dashed up the stairs. She could murder anyone in this building.

"You're still wearing that pendant," Ray breaks the silence.

I nod, waiting for the end to come. Waiting for Everglade to snap out of her killing mode.