Prologue

"Maybe I should not have been so hasty." A sheepish laugh left the blonde's lips, her eyes crinkling at the sides as she looked beside her. The response she got from her niece was a shrug, her other shoulder holding one of their bags. "I cannot believe I said yes to moving to Paris so easily."

"You love your job, what's there to regret?" (Name) refused to look at her aunt's wide eyes, who was also becoming teary eyed. "Besides, you need a change in environment."

Joanna smiled softly, gazing at the younger girl. "We need a change in environment."

(Name) tensed for a second at that before picking up the bag at their feet, her feet now leading her to the direction of the exit. She did not give a response at her aunt's words, opting instead to turn on her headphones.

The airport buzzed with people walking around, rushing around to catch their flight or happily greeting their family and friends that waited for them. It swarmed with activity that made one lost if not careful.

Joanna could only smile apologetically as she bumped into a few other people by mistake as she walked towards where (Name) was. She had no idea how her niece could walk through the crowd easily without breaking a sweat or touching shoulders with anyone else. In time, a mop of (Hair Color) met her eyes, and she saw a taxi already parked near the girl who stood outside the vehicle with her arms crossed and waiting.

"Thanks." The blonde smiled as the bags she carried were popped in the trunk by (Name) who only nodded in return before following Joanna inside the vehicle.

After hours, the two let out a breath of relief as they peacefully watched the view of their new home from the car's tinted window. Paris held a different air compared to New York, they both knew. It was a little slower, a little calmer, and a little more quiet, something they both appreciated as they travelled to their new home.

A modest building met their eyes, shades of pale blue and white on the wall with the roof a deep mahogany brown. The pair did not know much about architecture but the design on their new home was exquisite. The small front had its flowers blooming in display, painting the area an array of pinks, purples, and yellows that contrasted against the vivid green of the grass.

The older of the pair could not help but smile widely at the plants that greeted them, carefully touching a few's petals as they made their way to the door, on the other hand, (Name) wanted nothing more than to collapse on her bed. The jet was comfortable but nothing could beat an actual bed on actual land.

After dropping the bags in the living room, (Name) stretched, groaning as she heard a few satisfying pops. "I'm gonna head to bed early. You don't have to call me down for lunch."

Her aunt smiled with a nod, taking steps to explore their new home starting from the kitchen. (Name) went up the stairs, opening the door that was farther away. A room that was dominantly a creamy white with (Color) accents met her, making her relax as she removed her headphones, placing it on top the new work table. The furnished wooden floor was carpeted around her bed, making her bare feet feel as if they are stepping in cotton. She sat down on her bed, appreciating the feel of her warm blanket and silk sheets.

'Those two certainly know my taste.' (Name) smiled in thought before finally lying down with a huff, her eyes closing. 'I need to change first.'

NOTE:

This is the rewrite of RELUCTANCE. I wasn't satisfied with how I wrote my previous story so I decided to rewrite it.

I changed Willow to (Name) and my writing style for this story also changed. Let's hope I do this one better (^人^)