Origins (2)

'Anna is not in the office. She's not answering my calls. She's not at home.'

(Name) knew what all those points led to. There was only one thing that it could lead to and she did not know how to help her aunt. Her hands clenched the strap of her sling bag as she walked towards her school.

The frozen monsters were scattered around Paris and (Name) did not know which one of them was Anna. The only silver lining she could determine was that they didn't move around, not destroying anything, and not getting hurt because of it. She couldn't imagine the chaos all those golems could bring if they started to move around.

'The only lead I have to helping her is that kid; the original golem, who so happens to be in my school.' It was the only reason she was even going to the school instead of looking around for signs of her aunt.

Unlike before when she hesitated entering, this time her steps were steady as she approached the entrance of the school. Classes did not start yet and students were still loitering around. (Name) knew the face she was looking for and she was relieved to see him. The sight of other students surrounding the clearly despondent boy made her narrow her eyes in thought.

'Did everything really stop for him? Because if not, then the only reason those golems are not moving is because the original is not active. What could possibly trigger him so I can make sure it doesn't happen?'

"I'm sorry, I wasn't myself." The boy slumped his head in defeat, unable to look anyone in the eye.

(Name) did not have the time to jump into the scene before she heard something that made her frown.

"Once a monster, always a monster."

The person who said that had a pair of cobalt blue eyes with her light blonde hair up in a ponytail. The light make up she had on further accentuated her figure. She was attractive, but (Name) could not appreciate her looks when she possibly just did something that could make things worse.

(Name)'s target, who she found out was Ivan, understandably got angry, stomping away from the crowd of students. 'This can not be good.'

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out." The blonde further called out, a smug smile on her face.

"What comes around goes around." (Name) spoke up, staring at the girl who rose a brow at her with a frown.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" The girl bit back, a hand on her hip. "Who even are you, nobody?"

(Name) smiled, her eyes not changing from their lazy disposition regardless of the action. "New student. Is that really the attitude you should be showing so proudly? I mean, I get that what Ivan did wasn't good but he wasn't even being himself, cut the guy some slack. He's the person who's being the hardest on himself right now."

"Aww, look everyone." Her lips pulled up in a sneer. "Ivan has a little protector. How cute, what, you like him or something?"

"I'm being a decent human really, I don't understand how you don't realize that." (Name) shrugged. "I couldn't care less about what you think though, I've said my piece."

Chloe fumed, her eyes narrowing towards (Name) who intended to walk to the direction she saw Ivan head to.

Pointedly ignoring the blonde, (Name) walked a little faster, catching sight of someone she wasn't expecting. Adrien stood there with a smile, a wave sent to her nervously. She didn't have the opportunity to respond once she heard Chloe squeal behind her.

"Adriekins, you came!"

She cracked a smile at the nickname. Not bothering to look behind her to know that everyone was making a ruckus about the new boy.