Origins

"First day of school! Isn't that exciting?"

The blonde's bright smile was the first sight to welcome her as soon as she got down the stairs. (Name) responded with a small upward tug of her lips, sitting down at the table that had a plate of stacked pancakes and sliced fruits.

"I'm not sure." The girl shrugged, picking up her fork with a contemplative look. "I just hope the others would be... tolerable."

Her aunt laughed softly at that. "I'm sure you'll have a good first day."

'Let's not jinx it.' (Name) nodded, although skeptic, and started to eat. The taste of the maple syrup hitting her tastebuds made her pick up the speed at which her fork stuffed more in her mouth. The pancakes helped ease the sweetness of the treat so early in the morning, delivering a warmer side to start her day.

Joanna stood up, picking her plates and discarding them at the sink. "I'll be heading off first. Call me when you need anything, alright?"

"Yeaf." The younger's voice came out a little muffled but Joanna understood nonetheless.

It did not take long before (Name) was on the front porch, locking the doors and making her way towards her new school. Her trusty headphones were put on as she walked on the streets of Paris, her right hand holding onto the strap of her bag as the other stayed in her jacket's pocket.

Although music was blasting in her ears, her eyes were sharply taking in her surroundings, catching sight of an old man having difficulty as he steadied himself with his walking cane. The speeding cars that drove by, the inattentive pedestrians on their phones and the fact that the man seemed like he would toppled over was not a pleasant combination. (Name)'s feet took her closer as she ran, seeing the old man going ahead and walking even without being given the signal by the streetlight. But her presence was unneeded.

She stopped herself, her hands catching a box that was discarded by the good samaritan that helped pull away the old man from danger before she could. Her eyes narrowed at the man who was thanking the young lady. 'If you're too old then don't go walking in the streets by yourself.'

"Oh, thank you!"

(Name)'s displeasure was chased away as she turned her attention to the girl. Bluebell eyes stared brightly at her, their gaze wide and grateful. "Don't mention it." Her hand pushed the box back to the owner before crossing the street once it was safe. Not even a minute later and she saw the girl pass her by in a rush, heading to the same direction as her.

(Name)'s feet stopped walking, her ears now free from their loud confines that rested around her neck. She did not care that she was late. Anxiety pricked her skin with needles, making her stop just outside the entrance to her new school. 'I can do this...'

Before she could head inside, the sound of tires screeching made her turn behind her. There was a young boy that stopped below the steps she was atop on, taking deep breaths before lifting his head up. A second passed as they stared at each other, emerald green clashing with vivid (Eye Color). His hair was a few shades brighter than her aunt's, she noticed. He looked a little out of breath, a slight panic clouding his eyes once someone spoke up.

"Adrien, please reconsider. You know what your father wants."

A woman with black hair that had traces of bright red on the left side walked away from the silver sedan that caused the previous sound of screeching. Her hair was tied in a bun, and a pair of glasses accompanied her clothes that consisted of a red turtleneck underneath a dark suit.

The boy turned away from (Name) as he replied back, tone sounding a little desperate. "But this is what I want to do."

She had a feeling she was intruding on something but (Name)'s curiosity was already peaked.