Evening of Full Moon (part 1)

" Where did things go wrong..? " I grabbed my mouth with both my hands that were soaked in blood as tears were flooding from my eyes.

" You really don't know~? " Sang a voice that I knew I've heard somewhere.

It appeared in front of me and I was stunned.

" ... You... " I stuttered.

The one being I never wanted to encounter again in my life appeared in front of me.

" Void... "

" That's right! It's yours truly, Void. The kwami of nothingness. "

I have no words to describe my feelings back then.

I was devastated by my butler's condition already and then the sudden  reappearance of him was really pushing me to the limit.

" Nice to meet you again~. "

" ... What are you doing here..? No, how are you here..? "

" Your words really pierces through me. How can you be so mean when we just met after quite a while? "

" What do you want? "

" Nothing really. In fact it wasn't even you who I was finding. I'm just here to find my own kind and ended up finding you. It was all pure coincidence~. "

" You are not sounding like I should trust you. "

" Why are you so doubtful of me? "

" You can't possibly think I am not. "

" Well that's true. But you do know that I like you, right? "

Chloe frowned as a scene flashed before her eyes.

..........

In the middle of a forest, upon the edge of a cliff there was Chloe in her old bright yellow jacket and high pony tail.

She was somewhat dirty all over.

" Are you sure you want to make this 'contract'? " Said Void.

" Yes! " She wiped her face.

" You will have a heavy price to pay if you do. "

" I don't care just do it! "

" Humf, humf! You're an amusing one, aren't you? Despite knowing the consequences you decided to take the risk. Well, not like it matters to me. Just say 'transform', that will do the trick. I don't have a specific quote like others. "

" Transform! "

A flash surrounded the area.

That same evening.

" Hah! Hah! Hah! " Chloe was out of breath.

" I told you~ the 'consequences' of the 'contract' is heavy~. "

" Hah! Hah! " She gave him a glance filled with anger while grabbing her chest and leaning on a tree.

" Hmm~ You really did mistook me for a normal kwamii, don't you? Hehe! "

..........

At that time I got a glimpse of what a 'Kwamii' in its purest form can really be.

That was terrifying.
Truly terrifying.

A shiver ran down my body.

" ..... Let's make another 'contract'. "

He turned still with his brows raised, as though he did not expect to be asked for a deal from me, and then let out a smile.