♡ eleven, late night, early morning

-'♡'-

Thomas woke up at some ridiculous time in the morning, which made him realise he had fallen asleep after the phone call with his mum. He sat up slightly, looking around the room as his eyes adjusted to the darkness.

He smiled softly as he saw the bag of food left on his desk, he doubted it would be any good now but he wasn't all the interested anyways. He looked over to see Minho laying there fast asleep.

Thomas let out a soft sigh, rubbing his eyes, before dragging his hand down over his face. He yawned softly as he went to pick up his phone.

Weirdly enough he had been somewhat enjoying college now. The last few days had consisted of him getting closer to Minho — not as close to Newt but that was mainly because of Thomas being a baby and too scared to embarrass himself.

He was now really friends with Brenda, and even took time getting to know a few of her other friends who they didn't hang out with as much, like gally, and fry, winston.

He felt an overwhelming urge and need to go for a walk. The campus wasn't too script on curfews as long as you weren't disturbing others or creating any cause for complaint.

Thomas got out of bed quietly, careful not to wake the sleeping boy in the other bed. Thomas threw on a hoodie over his head, shoving his phone into his pocket, as the hood of the hoodie stayed on his head, to shield him from some of the cold.

He slipped out of the dorm room quietly, walking down the hallway to the stairs. The lights were all on, which made Thomas question how much the electrical bill was all the time.

He made his way outside of the dorm buildings, Which lead out into almost a massive court yard. There were a few people around, hardly anyone.

Thomas just walked for a while, before sitting down on a park bench where he pulled out his phone to finally check his notifications — and the time.

It was 3:34am He had a few texts, from Teresa, And his parents, and funny enough Newt.

mum
Love you Tom

We are getting some work done
in the house

Do you want anything
done to your room

thomas
sorry i was asleep
only just woke up

I think my room is
fine unless there anything
you want to change.

Love you mum

teresa
i got u what u normally get
dont ask prices im not telling you
im happy to pay for u to eat

aww sleepy tom 🥺🥺

eat when you wake up please

love u

thomas
googled it, sending you 20
🥰🥰🥰

thank u i love u

newt
hi tommy its newt

teresa gave me ur number

is minho still awake?

thomas
sorry i was asleep

he wasn't when i woke up

but im not in my room rn
so im not too sure if
he still is

newt
where are you

thomas
just outside the dorm buildings

why are you awake

newt
couldn't sleep

do you mind if i
come out? Im
bored

thomas
not at all

Thomas sent the money to Teresa before pushing his phone back into his hoodie pocket, waiting for Newt. He was nervous but the fact he was still somewhat half asleep helped with that.

He heard the doors of the building open, which made him turn his head to see the blonde walking out. It made Thomas smile slightly as he saw Newt in the same navy blue and grey plaid pyjama pants, with a black hoodie.

"Tommy!" Newt said, smiling widely. Thomas chuckled, questioning how the blonde had so much energy on no sleep. Thomas slept and didn't have that much energy.

"Hi" Thomas said softly as Newt approached him, sitting down next to him on the bench. Newt stretched his arms out with a tired yawn and Thomas thought it was the most adorable thing he had ever seen.

Thomas looked at the hoodie Newt was wearing, furrowing his eyebrows softly with a soft smile. "Nice hoodie, where'd ya get it?" Thomas asked, raising his eyebrow slightly as he leaned back.

Newt looked down at the hoodie he was wearing, eyes widening slightly as he looked back at Thomas. "Oh- Im sorry." Newt chuckled softly. "Brenda asked me to take it the other night because you were too drunk and kept saying you didn't need it because the cold never bothered you anyway" Newt said, his tone resembles teasing.

Thomas' cheeks grew warmer as he realised he very much did embarrass himself. "I completely forgot about it. I just grabbed a random hoodie, I can give it back" Newt said, leaning to pull the hoodie off his head.

Thomas chuckled, grabbing Newts arm softly. Besides the fact it was freezing and there was no good reason for Newt to take off the hoodie, Thomas also liked the idea of Newt keeping it more then he would like to admit.

"Its okay, its freezing. You can keep it" Thomas said, smiling at Newt. Newt smiled back softly, nodding his head.

"Thanks Tommy" Newt said gently, shoving his hands into the pockets of the hoodie. Thomas remembered it was one of his favourites — but he couldn't find it in him to care when he saw Newt wearing it.

Thomas furrowed his eyebrows softly. The two had matching smiles on their faces, just content smiles. "Where did Tommy come from?" Thomas asked softly.

Newt's smile widened as he turned to face Thomas more. Thomas's eyes widened as he noticed the smile had turned into more of a smirk. "Oh no.." Thomas groaned, running his hands over his face.

"A very drunk Thomas was telling me about how he didn't really have nicknames besides tom" Newt explained, Thomas noticed the way he talked with his hands, moving them around with every word.

Thomas thought it was adorable.

"And so i decided on Tommy, and now that is my nickname for you so if I hear anyone else calling you Tommy, I might get violent" Newt joked, but despite the joking ness in his tone, Thomas's cheeks blushed regardless.

"I like it." Thomas said, nodding his head.

Newt smiled, "So do I, It suits you"