Chapter 3: The Secret Conversation

"Hunter is obviously in love with Willow."

"Yeah, how can Willow not see it?"

"I think Willow's in love with Hunter too."

"I don't know," said Luz, "but let's try to keep it a secret between us. We're going to surprise them at the Gravesfield Halloween Festival."

"Ooh, that would be such a good idea!!"

"Quiet Amity, they're coming out," exclaimed Gus.

Hunter and Willow came out of Camilla's basement. It seems like Willow wanted to try reading Cosmic Frontier because she was wearing the same ridiculous costume that Hunter was wearing a few days ago. Luz, Amity, and Gus bursted out in laughter. Soon, Camilla came in and snorted out coffee.

"Where did you get that?!"

"From your basement. There's a lot of stuff in there."

"Haha funny how things just end up in basements. Without you knowing..."

"... Who's thirsty for hot cocoa?"

"Good idea Luz!"

So as all of the friends were gathering to drink, Camilla moved the Cosmic Frontier books and costumes to her room.

Later that night...

When it was time for bed, Amity and Luz were still up talking about this strange development.

"I don't understand," said Luz, "how do we get them together?"

"Maybe they'll figure it out. Besides, it's not our business. Let's just go to sleep."

And to sleep they went.