Chapter 7: Family Game Night!

"HUNTER, WILLOW, GUS GET OUT OF MY BASEMENT!! It's family board game night," Luz yelled.

"Well actually, we're not your family-" Hunter stopped after Gus punched him with his elbow.

"Dude, it'll be nice to be part of a family. Even if it's not mine..." Hunter had the feeling that after he said that, Gus was feeling remorse about his dad back in the Boiling Isles. He took a moment of pause before responding again.

"You'll be with him soon, don't worry. Right after we save the world."

And with that, Hunter and Gus went upstairs to join the others.

When they came upstairs, they saw Luz, Amity, Vee, Camilla, and Willow all surrounded by a game called "Candy Land" This was extremely confusing for Willow and Hunter.

"So, what is Candy Land?" Willow asked.

"Um, oh dear," Luz mumbled. "So basically Willow, it's this game where you're a player and you have to survive the evil licorice forests to enter the heavenly castle of candy. So anyway, let's play!" Luz cheered.

But after dumping out the pieces, Luz realized something rather important.

"There's six players, but there's four of us."

"Willow and I can be a team!" Hunter shouted. His face was entirely red after saying that.

Willow was taken aback at that. On one hand, she wanted to play a game with Hunter. It'd give her a chance to talk to him. On the other hand, she would have preferred this one-on-one time more... privately. Still, she agreed.

Luz smirked, which made no sense to Willow. "Okay, that solves our problems. Now, let's begin!"

...

"Do you want to roll the dice first or should I?" asked Hunter.

"You can start first, then we can take turns." Willow responded.

"Okay," Hunter blushed, though Willow had no idea why.

Hunter rolled the dice, and landed a six.

"Wow, lucky number six!" Willow exclaimed. Hunter blushed AGAIN. (Seriously, how many times has that kid blushed in the whole series?)

Anyway, the game went on and on. Eventually Luz and Willow's team were two spots away from the finish line, and it was Willow's turn to roll the dice.

"Come on Captain, you can do this!" Hunter whispered.

And WIllow did. She rolled a two and won the game. And as everyone was getting ready for bedtime, Hunter left her a note. It read:

"We make a pretty good team, Captain. 💗 - H."

Thanks Hunter, Willow thought as she drifted off to bed.