Chapter 18: Two Realms Apart - pt 3 *FINALE*

For the past few days, everyone had been working on their costumes for the Haunted Hayride. Everyone was so excited, they couldn't wait to go! Luz and Amity were planning on dressing up as Azura and Hecate (obviously), as the star couple. Gus and Hunter planned on wearing Cosmic Frontier costumes. It wasn't as good as the Azura duo, but it was still pretty good. Willow wore a bat costume, fangs, and green striped leggings. She had a "W" patch on her costume that Hunter had sewed on, which she thought was really sweet of him. When it was finally the night of the Haunted Hayride, everyone was so excited to go.

Gus was the first one to go into Camila's car. He was super stoked. The others followed in quickly.

"So, where do you guys want me to drop you off?" Camila asked. The destination was getting close.

"You can just drop us by the entrance Mamá."

"Oh ok. But remember Luz, be safe. Stay with your friends and"

"I'll call you if things go wrong, I know."

"I was going to say... have fun mija." 

When Camila arrived to the festival, she dropped the kids off. The festival was buzzing with cheeriness and laughter. The fall decorations were stunning, and the costumes were certainly original. One guy dressed up as a taco, which Gus loved. Camila made tacos for the kids every Saturday night, but Gus showed his enthusiasm for them the most. He loved tacos, so he had respect for the dude. While everyone else was enthusiastic, Luz was not.

Luz POV:

Luz couldn't tell her friends that she was planning to leave the Demon Realm forever. She didn't have the heart to do it. What if they hated her even more? But it was for their own good, they had to understand what she was saying. If Luz returned to the Boiling Isles, she would just make things worse for them and their families, for Eda, for King... as if she hadn't done that already. She already put everyone's lives at stake when she introduced Belos to the Collector. It was like she said herself, she set everything into motion. She fell for every single one of Belos's tricks and manipulations. If only she hadn't been so curious. If only she stayed in the Human Realm...

The hardest person she would have to tell this to was Amity. It hadn't occurred to her until recently that she would never see her girlfriend again. After they found the portal, she would go back to living in the Blight Manor. Maybe they could still talk through their small phones. But maybe Amity would see someone else, and then Luz would see someone else so then the relationship would be over. But it's for the best, right? 

...

Camila POV:

Vee was sleeping on the couch falling asleep fast. Camila decided to not worry her, and she began to clean up the house. Luz and her friends cause so much mess on a daily basis. She accidentally tripped over a baseball bat, which caused Luz's computer to turn on. Camila sighed in relief that the laptop didn't break, but when it turned on, Camila was heard something. "So we moved." Camila was confused.She saw a younger Luz sitting in a room full of moving boxes. In the middle of the room, there was a sliding door closet that was open. She didn't know Luz had a diary. She continued watching the video. "Mom says it's because the house isn't pretty enough, but I think it's because there's a better hospital for Dad nearby. Cuz, let's be honest, this house ain't that much prettier. 

Then the scene changed. Now there was a much sadder, slightly older Luz. Her room was no longer full of moving boxes. There was one shelf, one moving box full of clothes, a pile of shoes, and one piece of clothing in her closet. Camila recognized that she probably filmed this after Manny's death. She seemed hopeful to read a book that Manny left her, The Good Witch Azura. Now, her room was painted and full of Azura posters and fanart.