Chapter 15: The Fight For the Flower

This takes place slightly before The Confession chapter (Chapter 12), where Hunter went to buy flowers for Willow with Camila.

Also, I'M SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY IN POSTING. I've practically surrendered to exams. 📚

Luz told Hunter that he should get flowers for Willow. Hunter wondered why, but Luz did have a girlfriend, so she was the romance expert here. Hunter planned to walk to the supermarket alone, but Camila was afraid that Hunter might get lost. What if he ended up in the woods? So, Camila insisted that he should go in her car. Hunter seemed a little embarrassed, but Camila assured him that it was fine.

She was a little curious why Hunter needed to go to the supermarket, so she decided to ask him some questions.

"Why are you going there anyway? We have plenty of food at home."

"Oh, I-uh needed to buy flowers."

Camila was a little surprised. Flowers?

"Oh! What are they for?"

"I was planning on telling Willow, t-that I love her."

Camila didn't know what to say, so for a while there was a moment of silence. But, she was supportive nevertheless. She was going to help Hunter. When they got to their destination, Camila took Hunter to the flower aisle.

"I have to go pick up some medicine at the pharmacy, I'll be back. Oh and by the way, good luck."

Hunter nodded, said his thanks, and he went back to his task. There were so many flowers to choose from that Hunter started to become overwhelmed. What if he chose the wrong flower? What if the flowers died on the way home? What if she didn't want flowers? He didn't know what to do, so he texted Luz. For a second, he pulled out his scroll, but then he remembered that Camila wanted him to take out his phone. A few days ago, she got him the phone because she didn't want people noticing his scroll. Scrolls weren't what was used in the Human Realm, apparently. Hunter managed to unlock the rectangular box, and found Luz's contact.

Hunter: WHAt FlOWErs ShOUld i BUy WillOW?

Luz: Uh idk.

Hunter: WoW rEAl HelpFUl

Luz: Wait, one time Willow did mention a type of flower she liked. I think they were purple and pink?

Hunter: OK

He scanned the flower section very attentively. Luckily for him, there was only one purple and pink flower. Apparently, its name was phlox.

Hunter: OK, I ThINK I fOUnd It THaNKs

Luz: Np! Also, you've gotta work on your typing skills

This was great! All Hunter had to do was grab the flower, look for Camila, and head home. He was about to grab it when he felt another hand touch it. Its texture was unfamiliar. Someone had got the flower first.

Hunter's first reaction was to look for another phlox flower, but he couldn't find one. So, he decided to talk to the other person with the flower.

"Hey."

"Hey." The other person was very burly, and he seemed very strong. Hunter had second thoughts about this, but he was doing it for Willow.

"I was wondering if I could have the flower. Um, I was planning on confessing to my crush that I love her tonight."

"Oh, what a coincidence. I was planning on that too." The tone wasn't very friendly, so Hunter considered that he would have to take it back the hard way.

The other person sensed Hunter's intentions, so a fight ensued.

Belos had taught him that the first thing he should do is to analyze his opponent. He immediately sensed this person's weakness: his overconfidence. Using his training from the Emperor's Coven, he managed to defeat his opponent swiftly and take the flower.

Unfortunately, others were watching, including the supermarket staff. Hunter was banned from the store because he was suspected of causing the fight, and Camila was also banned because she was technically Hunter's guardian.

While Camila was yelling in the car looking for other local grocery stores to shop to, Hunter was satisfied with his victory. By that night, Willow would be his girlfriend... if everything went well.