🦌So It's a Deal Then? (Alastor)🦌

Requested by: @thalasophilee

Pairing: Alastor & teen!fem!Reader (Platonic-ish)

Summary: After making a deal with Alastor, Y/N has always had harsh feelings towards him, but when discovering the harsh past that Y/N had with her father when she was alive, Alastor changes his attitude towards Y/N and becomes a father figure to her over time.

POV: 1st person

Warnings: Angst, swear words.

~•*•~

"So it's a deal then...?" Alastor asked, holding out his glowing hand.

"D-deal," I said reluctantly, shaking the demon's hand.

~•*•~

I wake up every morning to regret that day...how could I be so stupid?
I'm on that demon's leash...trapped.

I sat on the corner of my hotel room's bed, fiddling with my fingers when I felt a hand grasp my shoulder.

"AGH! Fuck!" I yelled. "Oh, it's you."  I pouted, seeing Alastor's grinning face looking back down at me.

"What do you need?" I sighed.

"Do I need to have something done every time I come visit my dearest friend?" Alastor asked.

I glared at him. "We are not friends. And yes, every time you see me you ask for something."

He shrugged. "Pardon me for wanting to make a friend...but if you must know...I do need someone killed."

My eyes widened in fear. "No! I'm not killing anyone! Listen, you may be a sinner...but I'm not. I haven't fucked up my afterlife too much just yet, and I'm not starting now," I said, crossing my arms as I turned away from him.

"Suit yourself," he said with a shrug and turned me back to face him.

Bracing myself for the terrible punishment, I squeezed my eyes shut in fear and clenched my fists...but the pain never hit me.

"What are you doing, Y/N?" Alastor asked, chuckling softly.

"Y-you're not going to hit me?"

"Hit you? Why would I hit you?" He asked.

-Flashback- (TW: Angst)

"You worthless piece of SHIT!" My father yelled, striking me across the face.

"S-stop! Please dad...STOP!" I begged.

"I am not your father!! I refuse to believe that a worthless little fuck like you could ever be my daughter! You're weak! PATHETIC!" He kicked me in the chest, slamming me against the wall.

I yelped in pain as I felt myself start to bleed.

"Never disobey ever again..." And those were the last words I heard before finally being knocked out.

-Back to present day-

"Y/N?" Alastor shook me.

"H-huh?" I responded, totally dumbfounded. I sighed. "Just...make it quick," I said dryly, shielding my head.

I waited for a while and Alastor finally broke the silence and chuckled, tapping on my arms with his cane.

"Y/N please...I've already told you. I'm not going to hit you."

I lowered my hands from my face. "Promise?"

"Promise."

I sighed in relief, now relaxing my arms.

"But if I may ask...why would you think that I would ever resort to violence? Sure, I may have been quite harsh on you in the past, but I'd like to set it right. After all, you really are just a kid, Y/N."

"T-thanks...Alastor."

He nodded. "But you didn't answer my question, Y/N. Why would you think I'd resort to violence?"

I thought about how my father treated me in the living world and shuddered.

Alastor, noticing this, nodded understandingly. "It's fine...but I'd have to assume someone you knew had...?"

"Yeah." I answered, not really wanting him to finish that statement.

"I can help you, Y/N," he said, taking my hand. "I don't know what exactly happened when you were alive but I can imagine it was anything too great. I'll help you." He repeated, giving my hands a squeeze.

~•*•~

That was the same moment that Alastor no longer became my owner or master, but more of a second father. One that I had never gotten, nor thought I had deserved.

But Alastor guided me through the difficult times in my afterlife, and even to this day I still couldn't be able to thank him enough for as far as he'd brought me.

And I wonder...would I still have regretted shaking his hand that day?