Chapter 7 - Alpha

Hi!

Happy readings! :D

Warning!: angst, violence, abuse, lack of consent, religious, 

Again - don't get mad at me. It's just a book. Scifi and fantasy

Enjoy!

"How did you conclude that?" The elder asked surprised. "It is real-"

"How did you conclude that?" Reveur repeated after him. Their gazes met. "You are not dead. How would you know?"

"Do you know who God is? God told us we'll go to heaven if we are good."

"Is God dead then?"

"No!" the elder said offended.

"Who is God?"

"A supreme being. A deity! God lives in the heavens-"

"Nothing lives in the heavens. Only birds and insects can fly up there... But they can't live there either."

"God is almighty! God can do whatever God wants. If God wants to live in the heavens God lives in the heavens."

"Have you ever seen God?" Reveur asked and the elder became silent.

"No one has seen God in over 2000 years," I said.

"Then God is probably dead-" Reveur said.

"How dare you!" The elder hysterically said. "God cannot die!"

"... and if God's words are that old and the world keeps changing then God's words probably don't fit our world any longer," Reveur continued.

"Some words will always count!" the elder said. "And God's words will forever be right!" The elder sighed deeply before asking: "Reveur, what is your decision?"

"I don't believe in God or God's home." Reveur's words made me choke.

"I'll choose white for you, then, Reveur," the elder said. "You'll go straight to hell," he mumbled.

"No!" I screamed. Vanish! I begged Reveur. As if he could read my thoughts in the future he disappeared and I let myself fall to the table.

The bullet went right through me, Reveur thought. The machine behind him started smoking and giving off a burnt smell.

Reveur saw me collapse on the table.

"Where is he?" Reveur heard the elder say. All eyes landed on my limp and naked body on the table.

Reveur hurried his way to me. He reached for me but went right through me. I'm a hallucination, Reveur realized. I can't touch her!

"Lissie!" he pleaded but no one but himself could hear him. He heard footsteps behind him. Workers grabbed me to check what had happened.

"What happened?" the elder asked.

"She lost consciousness," a worker replied.

"How am I a hallucination if you are asleep!?" Reveur said out loud but no one heard him. "I should be a dream." Why am I not stable, his mind asked himself. The machine! It's broken. He looked at it and then ran to it. He reached for all sorts of buttons but he couldn't touch them.

How did I even become a hallucination before the machine broke? The bullet had gone right through me...

Reveur looked down at himself. He couldn't feel it but was shocked at the sight. A huge bleeding wound was in the middle of his throat. This is a hallucination, he thought. I am the hallucination.