Chapter Four

"The clothes a surgeon wears help to present an image. The lab coats and badges and scrubs all work together to indicate a person of authority, someone you can trust. When the clothes come off, that's a different story. We're sensitive, vulnerable, human and just as prone to questionable judgement as anybody else. It might be hard for a surgeon to admit, but there's no shame in simply being human. It can be a relief to stop hiding, to accept who you really are and let the world see you that way, too. A little self-awareness never hurt anybody. Because when you know who you are, it's easier to know what you're about, and ultimately, what you really need"

"well, she looked at me and i could see that before too long i'd fall in love with her"

Lucy and Alex were kissing in bed. Her pager started beeping. She picked it up and looked at it. "Shit", she whispered as Alex kissed her shoulder. "I have to go to the hospital".

"Can it wait twenty minutes?"

"Maybe"

She smiled as he kissed her again. They were once again interrupted, this time by Mia crying. He groaned. "I'll get her", he said, getting out of the bed.

Beck and Jackson were in the on-call room, putting on their clothes. "That was the last time. We can't do this anymore", she said, putting on her scrub top.

"No, no, we won't, because this is the last time, ever"

"Okay"

They stood at the same time, facing each other. They stared at each other for a few moments. "I'm gonna get some coffee", he stated.

"I'm gonna go, uh... do something else"

"Cool"

Meredith and Lucy were on the phone to Cristina. "Just stop having sex with him", Lucy said. "I am trying to fit in. I live here now", Cristina replied. "I have to just, you know, adapt. So I'm making friends".

"But you don't even like him"

"Who says I have to like him? He's my sex friend"

"Ew", Meredith commented. "Well, what about the ancient guy? What about him?"

"You want me to be sex friends with the ancient guy?"

"No. I want you to be regular friends with the ancient guy and stop having sex friends in general"

"I am regular friends with the ancient guy. He, frankly, is my bestie. He's my you two here in Minnesota"

"Well, how does the ancient Minnesota us feel about you being sex friends with Parker?" Lucy asked.

"You know, it's no big deal. Parker is fine. A little reptilian, a little chatty, but fine"

"This is a cry for help"

"It's a cry for an orgasm"

"And how's that working out?"

"Meh"

Beck was looking at Brian's scans with Catherine. "I still don't understand what it is I'm looking at", Beck said.

"Those are his testicles, Dr Jacobs"

"Jesus Christ"

Catherine chuckled.

"Sorry"

"Oh, it's alright, sweetheart. I admire the honesty"

"Oh, well, you're welcome, then"

"Were in my skills lab for the penile transplant a while back?"

"Yes"