The Foreign Prince

"We are working with rough estimates, but we believe the Sindhuran army numbers 50,000. They've already crossed the border, and are officially on Parsian soil." Kishward said.

"Excellent." Gieve said sarcastically. "How much bad luck is going to find us? We have enough to see to as it is."

All eyes fall to their prince, who's attention was elsewhere, greatly distracted and burdened by something.

Narsus was first to speak up. "Your highness," he said softly. Arslan snapped right out of his trance.

"If you aren't feeling well, get some rest. We can handle matters here." Daryun offered. "I will keep you informed."

"Thank you. I am well enough, I assure you." Arslan said.

Zofia could tell his mind was wandering back to last night's incident. She'd helped Arslan back to his room, despite the Prince's protest and worry, just because of how much the situation unnerved him.

Zofia wasn't going to force Arslan to confide and cry to her, but if he wanted to do that, she wanted him to know he could.

"Everyone, onto business!" Arslan commanded. "We will retake the Royal capital, but before we can do that we must defend our border. We will make a stand against Sindhura."

———

The Sindhuran soldiers marched accordingly, though some huddled together to keep from the cold. It was winter in Pars, and the Sindhuran soldiers -who were only used to the warm sun- were not dressed appropriately for the weather.

All except for two were frozen.

One of those men was the Sindhuran Prince's loyal guard, who had a blue cloak draped around his shoulders. The other was the prince himself; he had no warm attire on, but the thrill of the soon-to-be fight from Pars kept his blood warm.

"Ah, feel how cold it is. Frozen rain? This must be what they call snow." Prince Rajendra said.

"Pardon me, your highness, but are you certain it was prudent for us to launch this invasion?" His second in command asked.

"Certainly I'm certain. Matters within the borders of Pars are in disarray just now, this is a golden opportunity." He answered.

"Unfortunately, matters with our own borders are in disarray as well. For you to have sent yourself from the kingdom at such a great time, given the health of King Karikala-"

Prince Rajendra smirked. "You're worried about Gahdevi. There is no need, I am definitely not." He brushed off and continued to gloat.

Prince Gahdevi was the crowned prince of Sindhura, but Prince Rajendra planned on changing that.

"The first prince. Hah! He was born one measly month earlier than I am, one month! What should a handful of weeks matter when I am clearly more capable of ruling than he could ever be?"

"Your highness! The second in command exclaimed in surprise of his highness' offensive manner.

"Now! Let us find this Parsian prince and cut off his head! That should prove a worthy trophy." He laughed.

His guard rode beside him, giving his second in command a look that made him cease his questioning. Prince Rajendra turned to him.