The Black Leopard of Sindhura

A.N.
WOAHHH WE (officially) MADE 2K!! Thank you everyone who reads my silly fic ily 🫶🫶

The only fortress stopping their advance towards Sindhura was the Fortress of Gujarat.

Arslan's army was halted right outside their territory, careful to not trespass and start a fight they may not be able to win. They didn't know the fortress' numbers, after all.

"Your highness, that is the Fortress of Gujarat," Narsus said. "There are a number of ways we might take it, however we cannot spare so much time doing so."

"Then what do you advise?" Arslan asked.

"I think our first step should be sending an envoy. Let us explore the possibility of passing through without a fight."

———

The Sindhuran handmaidens were quite infatuated by the foreign beauty of Gieve, who was a heartthrob is Pars and clearly still one in Sindhura.

Some things don't change.

"He's handsome for a foreigner." They giggled.

Gieve, of course, took notice of this as it added to his already big ego. He turned to them a flashed a charming, thin-lipped smiled, which totally made them swoon.

Zofia nearly gagged. Even Jaswant seemed equally disgusted with him.

She was hiding in the shadows of the throne room, in which the fortress commander had sat in.

After the ruse caused by Hodir at Kashan Fortress, she didn't want to take any chances of letting this commander know just what was at play.

He, however, was going to find out if Reno kept staring at her from where he was.

Everytime she aggressively gestured for him to look elsewhere, he would huff and do it anyway, but his gaze always wandered back to where it was.

Damn you.

"Lord Fortress Commander Gauvin. Make your obeisance." His second lieutenant, Taara demanded. 

He sat in his throne, wary of the three envoys bowing in front of him. Why Narsus thought it was a good idea to bring both Jaswant and Reno, Zofia did not know.

"So the Parsians have sent envoys?" He asked.

Gieve was first to speak. "Sir, my name is Gieve."

"I am Jaswant, lord commander."

"Reno Aarastelo, my lord."

Gauvin recognized the name immediately. "Gahdevi's personal soldier?"

"I'm afraid my loyalty no longer lies with first Prince Gahdevi, Lord Gauvin." He answered.

"I'll say; to say the first prince was enraged would be an understatement. It's quite the price you have on your head."

"...is that so...I was unaware." He sweated.

"Why have you come here?"

"We have come seeking a truce," Gieve said. "We ask that you grant the Parsian army permission to pass."