The Pirates: Pt 1

I sat feeding Grogu in one of the many tunnels of the covert

I sat feeding Grogu in one of the many tunnels of the covert. When boots hitting the sand caught my attention. I looked up to see the Armorer standing before me.

"Mara, come." She said, her voice sounding urgent.

"Why? What's going on?" I picked up Grogu and walked towards him.

"An X-Wing just landed outside." Her helmet gaze locked with mine.

~🌗~

I waked next to Bo-Katan as we exit the cave to meet the officer. Everyone looked tense.

How did the new republic even find us?

"I have a time pressing matter to attend to." The officer yelled.

Paz walked out first. "Clear out, Blue Boy. The New Republic isn't welcome here."

"Sorry for dropping in unannounced, but if I'd given warning, your settlement would've cleared out before I ever hit atmosphere."

"How did you manage to find us?" Mando moved from next to me to the front. "Mandalorians pride ourselves on our secrecy."

"Fortunately, someone I served with in the Rebellion is amongst your ranks." Everyone looked around.

Then suddenly R5 rolled out into view.

I groaned and slapped my forehead.
Thanks for that heads up Peli!

"Thanks, R5"

I glared over at the droid. Me and it would be having a conversation later.

"The entire covert will now have to relocate." Mando looked like he was trying to keep his cool.

"Or we could k*ll him." Paz voiced. "Stay right here."

"This man cut me a break once and now I'm returning the favor." Mando turned back to the officer. "Clear out, Blue."

"Greef Karga sent this holo-message." As he reached into his pocket everyone tensed and aimed a weapon at him. He took out a holo- projector from his pocket and tossed it to Mando. "Nevarro is under siege by pirates. He's asking for help."

Mando walked the officer back to his ship. I knew they were still talking but I couldn't make it out.

I glanced over at Bo and she nodded. We both made our way over and stood behind Mando.

The officer climbed back into his x-wing. "I know you'll relocate anyway, but you have my word, I will not reveal your location. Sorry to intrude."

We all watched as the x-wing flew off into the atmosphere.

"So." I said turning to Mando. "What are you thinking?"

"He's right. I gotta help the guy." Mando sighed, looking at the holo-projector.