The Apostate: Pt 1

I looked out the window at the land below

I looked out the window at the land below. Mandalorians in the air and on the beach fighting I giant crocodilian like creature. There blasters and weapons were doing nothing against the creatures tough hide.

"They need help!" I gasped.

"Don't worry." Mando glanced back at me before steering the ship towards them.

The N-1 dove down shooting the creature in the side. Mando then turned the ship around and aimed it at the creatures belly, its weakest point. One shot from the N-1 cannons and the creature was dead.

Mando guided the ship to land. I poked my head out the stop at looked out at the tribe of Mandalorians. I couldn't tell if they were happy to see us or not.

~🌗~

I walked behind Mando as we entered the forge. The air inside was so tense, it was almost edible.

"You have removed your helmet." The Armorer spoke, distaste in her voice. "What's worse, you did
so of your own free will. You are no longer Mandalorian."

"Are you kidding me?!" I snapped.

Both visors turned to me.

"He took his helmet off to save me and Grogu from the empire!" My voice rose as anger surged through me. "He is the most honorable person I know! And just because he took his stupid helmet off you kick him out?!"

"Mara quiet." Mando hushed me, his voice strict.

I glanced over at him and huffed. "It's true..."

Mando sighed and stepped forward. "The Creed teaches us of redemption."

"Redemption is no longer possible since the destruction of our homeworld."

I scoffed and picked up Grogu. This whole thing seemed dumber and dumber.

"But what if the mines of Mandalore still exist?"

"All was destroyed in the Purge."

Mando pulled a green crystal from his belt. "Is this
inscription not Mandalorian?"

He set it on the table and sat down. I sat next to him and placed Grogu on my lap so he could see. The Armor came over and sat down in front of us.

"Where did you come upon this?"

"Jawas."

"When did you talk to Jawas?" I whispered but Mando didn't answer me.

"They came upon it by trade from a traveler who claimed to have visited the surface of Mandalore."

"Then this relic only proves that Mandalore's entire surface has been crystalized by fusion rays."

"But a traveler was able to retrieve this, so perhaps, it is not poisoned. If I visit the planet and I can bring you proof that I have bathed in the Living Waters beneath the mines of Mandalore, then by Creed, the decree of exile will be lifted and I would be redeemed."