xi. finding the ocean boy

Percy's POV
You know, dear reader, after that prophecy thing, I did tell you to get prepared for a war.

Don't.

Not yet, at least. Apparently, Nico told me that we have to attack camp when they are vulnerable.

But, aren't they vulnerable? The last time I had gone missing, camp sent out an entire search team for me.

Well, whatever. As long as I can delay a war, I would delay it.

Tartarus, when first created, was a dome beneath the earth, made for all evil. Since there was not much light to reach the dome, I suppose Tartarus was pretty cranky all the time.

This dome, unfortunately, formed a living personality.

Thank me for that little history lesson.

Walking in it felt like a trap, like I was about to fall right into Chaos, the gap. But I wasn't falling, I was very much alive.

Deep down, inside me, I knew I was falling. Where to and why? I just couldn't figure it out.

Annabeth's POV
Pacing around camp was not the best solution to look for Percy. It wasn't, really.

But Chiron had advised all the campers to not leave the boundaries of Camp Half-Blood, no matter the cost.

The hunters were also at Camp, since Artemis had ordered them to stay for some reason.

Sorry, did I get off topic? Ah, where was I?

Yes, I was talking about finding Percy. I could try to sneak off, I had done that several times before. But this time, perhaps it wasn't the choice.

Chiron trusted me to take care of Camp. To make sure the new campers don't freak out, like whenever Percy comforted them.

Annabeth! Stop thinking about Percy!

The older campers relied on me to make strategies and form a plan.

But no pressure, of course.

Then, it struck me. The truth. But before I could process it, I heard someone knock.

Huh?

I went to the door, opening it. Seeing Thalia smile at me, and the past the spot besides her, made me a little relieved.

Sure, Percy was gone. A war was coming. But atleast I had Thalia to fight with me, instead of against me.

"Thals," I began, waiting for her to speak.

I was a little mad that she made me forget what I was thinking, but the outcome, or the truth, was probably bitter anyways.

"Annabeth. How's it going? With his disappearance?" Thalia said, the smile never leaving her face, though her voice sounded a little sad.

She probably was talking about Percy. Thalia had lost her brother Jason, and now she had lost her two (favorite, but she wouldn't accept it) cousins, Percy and Nico.

Wait, what happened to Nico? Well, he could've left camp. Again.

"It's hard. Percy is my bestfriend, it hurts to lose him. Again." I muttered, playing with my father's ring on my camp necklace.

"You're strong, Annabeth. You can, you will find him. We will find him, together." Her hand slightly brushed mine.

I always looked up to Thalia as my older sister, as my inspiration, ever since I met her when I was just seven.

She was the best.

"Thanks, Thalia. I got a letter from Grover. He told me that he's asking the Nymphs to find Percy if they can." I said.

Talking about Grover made me realize all the happiest of memories we shared together. Especially the ones of her first quest, and Grover's 'wedding' with the Cyclops too.

The corners of my lips twitched upwards.

"I hope that we can find him."

"We will, Annie. We've found him once, we'll find him twice." Thalia said.

I looked at the statue of Athena on the border of Camp Camp Half-Blood. The Athena Parthenos. It had been brought by Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano, Gleeson Hedge and Nico di Angelo.

Please, mom. Help me fight this one. I've never asked anything from you, just help me in this one. Please.

I silently prayed to the statue, staring at it in the eyes. I was hoping for a response. Anything.

But nothing came.

𖤍

❥︎ ▪︎ 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐙𝐄'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐑-
hello my loves!! how did you like this one? did you notice all the percy jackson and the greek gods reference?

in this chapter, annabeth jinxed herself. leave your guesses in the comments!

slso y'all are absolutely destroying me for breaking up solangelo. guys, don't worry, golden boy will solace will have a redemption arc (and plus, it's for the plot and i am a nicercy shipper).

anyways, thanks for reading!! love you <33