Chapter 17: Feel Confused and Lonely

Edward's POV
Arriving at the office after dropping off Claire, Edward sent a message to Claire telling her that he had arrived at the office.

Edward then put the phone on the edge of the table and he continued to press the power button on his laptop and started working. Soon his phone rang again and he saw Claire replying to his message. Edward smiled when he read Claire's short message. Edward's personal assistant entered the office, she handed all the work documents to Edward. Edward continued to put his phone on the shelf of his office desk, his focus now was on doing his work.

Edward's personal assistant, Miss Amelia, tells of Edward's meeting with investors from abroad. That day Edward's work schedule was very busy he would have meetings from morning to evening. Edward went out to the meeting room and his employees were already waiting in the meeting room soon after the investors also came and they started their discussion.

During lunch Edward only had time to sip orange juice and biscuits after which he returned to meet with other investors. After meeting in the evening, Edward looked at his watch and saw that it was 6pm. He massaged her shoulders and neck and she closed her eyes for a while.

After a long time, Edward suddenly remembered his phone, he hurried back to his office to find the phone. There he saw many missed calls and messages from Claire. Then he read one by one the messages from Claire. Edward smiled reading the message that Claire was out drinking with her friends at the bar. Claire even sent the address of the bar.

As he was about to leave the office, Terry and Nick greeted him.

Terry: Edward you want to go home?

Nick: His future wife is already waiting at that house.

Edward: Yes, Terry, I want to go home and Nick, yes, my wife is already waiting at home. I miss Claire.

Terry and Nick just shook their heads as they watched their friend hurry to go home. They were both very happy to see Edward happy with Claire.

Edward rushed to the bar but encountered a traffic jam and it took him a long time to reach the bar.

When he got there he looked for a parking spot. He arranged his shirt comfortably unbuttoning his shirt. Edward got out of the car and headed into the bar.

In the bar Edward saw many people drinking, he looked for a glimpse of Claire and wanted to surprise Claire. Edward heard the cheers of the crowd and headed towards it hoping Claire would be there.

Edward continued towards the crowd and he was surprised to see Claire dancing close to Win, he also saw the two of them sharing a drink. Edward saw that Win looked very drunk. Edward was shocked when he saw Claire hugging Win who was very drunk, he knew Win was not able to stand up properly. But his heart hurt when he saw Claire hugging Win tightly, he felt jealous and also hurt. Edward also saw Win holding Claire's cheek, he also saw Win tuck Claire's hair and Win close his face to Claire's. Edward gripped her hand tightly, he could no longer hold back his anger and jealousy and called Claire's name out loud.

Edward came towards Claire angrily his eyes were focused on Claire. Edward then spoke to Claire. He didn't realize what he said made Claire cry, Claire who wanted to hold his hand but was brushed aside by Edward.

Edward then headed out of the bar, he walked quickly without paying attention to Claire calling his name. After that, his steps stopped because Claire gently pulled his hand and hugged him from behind.

Edward listened to Claire's explanation, because his heart was still hurting so much he uttered painful words in his heart causing Claire to shed tears.

He felt Claire release the hug, but Edward didn't turn his body towards Claire. Edward just kept quiet and bowed to the floor. Claire apologized to him but Edward remained silent. Then Edward took a deep breath and put his hands in his pants pockets and remained silent for a while.

Edward broke the silence between them, he told Claire to send Claire home but Edward didn't turn his face towards Claire. Edward continued walking towards the car without looking back. Claire replied that she was going home by taxi, without delay when Edward got into the car he ignored Claire who was alone in that place.

On the way home from the bar Edward was so angry he slammed the steering wheel. Edward stopped the car on the other side of the road, he put his hands on his head massaging his head while thinking what to do and he also calmed himself down.

Claire's POV
Claire was sitting on the side of the road alone still crying, after that Heidi arrived and rushed out of the car and hugged Claire. Heidi comforted her sister she couldn't bear to see Claire cry. After Claire calms down Heidi asks why Claire is crying, and Claire continues to tell everything that happened in the bar. Heidi who heard Claire's explanation was impressed and also sad, Heidi once again hugged and comforted her sister. Then Heidi took Claire into the car and they drove away from the area. On the way Heidi asked Claire where she wanted to go home but Claire just kept silent. Heidi just saw that Claire was silent and she understood and then led the bow back to their own house.

Edward's POV
Edward felt angry with himself, for not paying attention to Claire trying to explain to him. Edward was also angry at himself for leaving Claire alone outside the bar. Edward immediately sped his car to the location of the bar. Arriving outside the bar area he got out of the car looking for Claire but he didn't catch a glimpse of Claire waiting there.

Then he got into the car and continued his journey slowly looking for Claire in the nearest area. Soon Edward saw Claire sitting on the side of the road, he saw Claire sitting alone crying. Edward wanted to approach Claire but he saw Heidi's car stopped there. Edward saw Heidi get out of the car and hugged Claire. Edward felt very sad, he felt that he failed to take care of Claire because of his anger and jealousy, he was also selfish because he was willing to leave Claire alone on the side of the road.

Edward stopped there for a long time he just watched the siblings from a distance. He also waited for Heidi to bring Claire home. After watching the two of them for a long time, Heidi's car finally left the area. Edward followed Heidi's car from behind. Edward drove slowly so that his car tracks would not be known. It wasn't long before Edward found out that Heidi was driving in the other direction, which was the siblings' own house.

Edward followed the two of them to the house, he stopped the car far from the house. After Heidi's car entered the parking lot, Edward continued his journey.

Edward felt confused, he didn't know where he wanted to go. He misses Claire. Edward looked at his car clock and it was almost late at night. But Edward continued his journey, he wanted to go back to Claire's condominium but his heart felt sad because Claire wasn't there. Then he decided to go back to his office. He also felt lonely and empty without Claire with him.