Broken Promise

Dark wandered around everyone to assess the injuries. He wasn't prepared for this. He never thought he'd have to defend his family and friends from one of their own.

Dr. Iplier and Henrik were going from person to person, patching them up and stopping bleeding.

He could feel himself having a panic attack.

"Dark?" someone stepped in front of him.

Dark blinked, realizing it was Wilford.

Wilford put a hand on his shoulder, "Are you alright, Damien?"

Dark swallowed and only then did he realize he was shaking.

He couldn't lose it now. He had to push forward.

"Deep breathes, Damien" Wilford told him.

It was odd for Wilford to soothe Dark. Usually Dark was the one helping HIM. Apparently Wilford's sanity was at its peak at the moment, knowing how dire the situation really was.

When Wilford was satisfied, he pat his shoulder and awkwardly walked off.

Mark watched the scene before him. Dark's panic and fear, Jackie tying up Anti's body while he was unconscious, the Iplier egos in disarray with multiple hurt.

But mostly, Mark watched Dark.

He had never seen him like this.

Damien, sure. He had seen Damien have panic attacks when they were younger but Dark?

He didn't notice Dark walking over by him. He didn't want to make a spectacle of it and he just whispered to Mark.

"Thank you for helping. You didn't have to but I'm happy you did"

Mark snorted. He was never one to take a compliment on any 'good' action he did, "Whatever. You assholes were being too loud and it was bugging me."

Dark ignored the comment, "There's something else. I don't know if you heard what it said. . . it looked in my head. It asked about you. . . . it said it was a demon king of the void . . . I think it's the same demon you made that deal with"

Mark blinked, actually puzzled and shook his head, "No, that's impossible."

"It knew things. There's a lot of impossible things out there but with what we've seen throughout the the years, I don't this is one of them. I think since you had a piece of that demon within you, it split into me and Wilford on that day when . . . . you know. That could be what it was talking about"

"But HOW?"

"I don't know.. . . but it's something"

Dark swallowed and walked away from him, leaving Mark to his own thoughts.

Mark stared at Anti's unconscious body.

'If that IS true. . ... we're fucked'

"Okay" Dark spoke over all of them, "We need a plan of action NOW. Before that thing wakes up again, we need to figure out somewhere to go where he can't find us right away. So we can think of a plan to get that THING out of Anti"

"What about the pocket dimension?" Anthony suggests, "I never once could locate them when they were in there. Of course, I didn't know about it but it DID disguise them"

Stacey shook her head, "I don't think that'll work."

"Why not?" Chase took Bella from her, "You were protected there before"

"Because Anthony never KNEW about it so he couldn't go there. However, Anti DOES know about it and HAS been there before. And if Anti knows. . . .then the demon might know"