7. The twins... or My twins.

A/N: This oneshot has 11485 words.

Nate ⬆️ and the twins ⬇️ (but imagine this dude younger; also, Devlin has green eyes and Devon has hazel eyes)

Nate's POV:

"Ugh! Mooom! This is embarrassing!", I whined, trying to tug my shirt over the ridiculously tight white shorts my mom stuffed me into.

"Sweetie! What if one of them is your mate? You have to drive them wild! There's a reason you got my sexy hips!"

I gagged, praying to the Goddess that I could somehow erase this awful conversation from my mind. My mom was always like this, never caring who was around or what came out of her mouth. I swear, if a thought, ANY thought crossed her mind, she would say it out loud with absolutely no shame.

"Mom, that's gonna be impossible. Why would one of the future kings have me as a mate?"

"Nathaniel! Stop talking like that about yourself," She cupped my cheeks in her soft hands, rubbing her thumbs on my cheekbones. "My baby, you are a carrier male, the kings would be honored to have a rarity such as yourself as a mate. Please, just go there and stand tall and proud. You're a beautiful lion, and I'm not saying that just cause you're my cub," She chuckled and wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me into a tight hug. I nuzzled her neck with my nose, wrapping my arms around her curvy waist and sniffling a bit to keep my emotions in check.

I loved my mom so much, she always knew what to say to squash those ugly insecurities that sometimes plagued me. I wasn't really that self-conscious, but I knew that I was nothing special, besides the fact that I was the only carrier male in the pride.

Carrier males first appeared hundreds of years ago when, due to some sort of disease that spread across female lion shifters, we became almost extinct, so the Goddess blessed some males to be able to carry cubs as well. Because carriers managed to save our species, they have since been considered a blessing for their pride.

Now that the disease became eradicated and lionesses weren't dropping dead left and right, the number of carriers dwindled over time, hence the fact that they're even more treasured now. So, I guess I had that going for me.