𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

I soon left the med-jack hut, a bandage wrapped tightly around my thigh. Newt walked next to me. I looked over at him, noticing a limp he had.

"Newt?" I quietly called. He looked over at me. I gazed into his eyes for a moment. I'd never noticed how pretty they were.

"Hm?" He hummed, snapping me out of my trance. I blinked.

"I've never noticed your limp before.. what happened?" I asked, looking at him curiously. Newt hesitated.

"Y/n!" Someone shouted. I groaned and looked over. Minoh. "Hey." He panted but quickly recovered once he stopped jogging. "I wanted to talk to you about the maze. C'mon." I paused, glancing at Newt. Neither of us said anything for a moment.

"Uh.. Sure.." I murmured quietly. I looked down to hide my frown. I looked back at Newt. "Talk soon." Is all I said to Newt before following Minoh across the field, toward a hut. I glanced back over my shoulder at Newt, only to see him simply stood there watching me and Minoh leave. I frowned.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

"So." Minoh began. "You wanna become a runner?" I paused.

"Well.. uhm.." I started, but I didn't know what to say. "Do I have to answer now?" I asked Minoh hesitantly.

"No. It can wait, but if you're thinking about another job you can tell me. I can see what I can do for you." Minoh offered.

"Right, well.. I was thinking of maybe looking into.. maybe.. possibly trying to become a med-jack..?" I was very hesitant upon saying this. Minoh's eyes seemed to light up.

"Really?" I nodded, raising a confused eyebrow. "I can certainly try to speak to Jeff and Clint." My face lit up once he said that.

"Thank you!" I said, dragging out the 'u'. I glanced around, making sure no one was in the hut before giving him a tight hug. He seemed surprised but soon hugged back.

"No problem, Y/n. Besides, I think everyone should get a shot at doing what they want to do here. Especially new gladers."

"Thank you so much." I repeat.

"You're welcome, shank." I rolled my eyes at the name and let out a quiet sigh. "You taken a liking to anyone?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"What?"

"You like anyone in the Glade yet?" He asked again.

"In what context?"

"You know what I mean."

"Well, why do you wanna know?" I queried.

"Too many questions. Just answer." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Fine. Maybe. I don't know." I sighed in defeat.

"Well, I'm surprised you haven't got half the Gladers at your feet already. You've already got Newt and Thomas wrapped around your finger." I looked at him, puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind." Minoh said dismissively. "I'll let you know tomorrow what Clint and Jeff say about you becoming a med-jack, okay?" I nodded.

"Okay." I was so excited about the whole situation.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I sat on the thick branch of the tree. I lay down, looking up at the inky sky I could see through the leaves of the tree. The moonlight dappled the grass below me. I heard footsteps approach, and look over. It's Newt again. I didn't bother saying anything.

"Hey." Newt greeted quietly. I let out a quiet hum of acknowledgement. I was tired.. He climbed the tree, and he sat next to me. I slowly sat up.

"Hey.." I mumbled. Newt shot me a concerned look.

".. Are you okay?" He asked. I looked at him. I didn't really want to answer.

"Mhm. Just uh.. drained. I think." I admitted, gazing out at the forest. Newt hummed.

"Hey, face that say for me." I furrowed my brows in confusion before turning myself so I was facing away from him. The tree dug into my inner thigh, and it hurt. I heard some shuffling from behind me. "Okay.. shuffle back a bit, then lean back." I did so hesitantly and slowly. I felt my back against something and looked up to see Newt, looking away, almost nervously. I leaned against his chest quietly, resting my head against his shoulder/chest area. We were quiet for a bit.

"I didn't tell you about how I broke my leg, did I?" He asked, finally looking down at me. I looked back up at him. We locked eyes, and I shook my head. I got that funny feeling again before resting my head on his chest. "Well, I'd just come up in the box. Just like all the other guys." He paused for a moment before continuing. "And even though I lost all my memories; I could still feel that something was missing." He said quietly. I listened carefully to every word. "I felt empty." When he said that, I frowned. He hesitated before saying the next part. "I climbed up it. To a ledge in the maze. And uh.. jumped off it." I felt my heart break when he said that. I tilted my head up to look up at him, but he didn't look back at me.

"Newt.." I whispered quietly. I felt so bad for him.. for what he had to go through.. He finally looked at me. We stayed silent for at least a minute. "You're okay now.." I mumbled quietly before resting my head on his chest again. I gently reach around him, softly wrapping my hand around his. He moved his hand away and turned it over so I could rest my hand in his. And so I did.

"I know." He murmured back softly, gently resting his head on the trunk that he was leaning on. "I hope it stays that way."

"It will.." I replied, my voice hardly a whisper. I closed my eyes. I listened to Newt's heartbeat. To his breathing. It was calming to listen to. We stayed like that for a while.

"Y/n?" He quietly asked, and I hummed in response. "I know it's not been long, but thank you for being there for me." I smiled at that.

"It's okay." I reassured him. It was only then that I realised that his free arm had snaked around my waist and held me softly but firmly in case I fell. I closed my eyes again, listening to Newt's slow, calm breaths and softly beating heart. It didn't take long for sleep to envelop me.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

A/N: I'm sorry, but the end was giving. I know it's all happening very fast, and I do apologise, and don't fret, Thomas will return