𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

A FEW WEEKS INTO THE GLADE..

I rolled my eyes at Newt's stupid joke. For some reason, Minho found it hilarious and was in stitches next to me. I stared at Newt, unamused.

"Okay.. okay, I've got one." Thomas said. "Why was the strawberry sad?" He paused for a second for effect. "Because it was in a jam." Minoh started crying of laughter. Everyone in the room gave us funny looks. I used my fork to push my food around my plate. I've been at it for the past 5 minutes while the three boys exchanged jokes. Newt noticed, and his eyes flashed with concern.

"Right, I've got to run. Quite literally." Minho stood up, taking his plate with him and handing it to Frypan. He left the large hut and jogged to the maze with the other runners. Thomas soon piped up.

"Oh yeah.. I forgot I was a runner. I'll see you two later." He got up and quickly left not long after Minho. Newt stood up, and I frowned. I looked down and stared at my plate. I'd hardly touched it. I'd moved some of the peas to make it seem like I ate some, but that was about it. I felt a hand on my shoulder, then a voice in my ear.

"Don't make yourself eat it, but if you don't, I want to see you once you're done. I'll be in my hut." It was Newt. I nodded.

"Okay." I mumbled quietly. It was not very convincing, but he left anyway, presumably to his hut. I looked up from my plate and around the room. Only two or three other boys remained, so I decided to give up. I didn't want to force myself to eat it. I apologised to Frypan.

"I'm sorry.. I don't know what's gotten into me lately. I promise it's not the food." I said to Frypan.

"Don't apologise, it's okay. Do you want me to keep it back for you?" He offered. I smiled at the offer but shook my head. He looked at me, slightly concerned now. "Do you want to talk?" He asked quietly. I shook my head again.

"I'm okay. I'm just not sure what's up right now.." Frypan slowly nodded at my reasoning, not fully convinced, and I could tell.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

After a bit of back and forth with Frypan, he finally let me leave. I looked toward the hut Newt had and frowned. Maybe I could convince him I ate it all..

Never mind, Newt isn't THAT dumb. I don't think.

I sighed and trudged to Newt's hut. I gently knocked on the door.

"Come in..!" Came the quiet reply. I slowly opened the door and stepped in. I looked around the room and was met by an upset Newt. "You didn't eat it, did you..?" He frowned. I shook my head, looking down. "Hey- Hey." I didn't look up. "Look at me." He demanded quietly. I slowly looked up at him, and he gently put his hands on my shoulders. "It's okay." He whispered. "Do you want to talk about it? Maybe we could try and figure out what's going on.." He suggested. I nodded hesitantly, and he guided me to his cot, and he sat down. I took a seat next to him.

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled, and Newt shot me a look.

"Don't say sorry. Never say sorry. It's not your fault." He murmured in an attempt to comfort me. He looked over at me. "Y/n." He called quietly. "Hey." He said again. "Look at me." I hated how easily he was able to get me to do things. I slowly turned my head to look at him. We locked eyes for what felt like hours. I suddenly realised the inches pur faces were apart a few minutes prior had turned to mere centre meters. I gazed at his chocolate brown eyes, not daring to look away.

I felt his soft lips crash onto mine. I felt that funny feeling again. I turned myself so I was facing him, and he placed a hand on my waist as I wrapped my hands around his neck. I felt some sort of relief. The kiss lasted for a few seconds, and we both slowly pulled away. My eyes fluttered open, and we locked eyes once more.

"That was.." He paused for a moment. "Amazing." He finished, slowly taking his hand away from my waist, and he rested it on my thigh. "I uhm.." He didn't know what to say. He looked away, somewhat awkwardly. I turned myself so we sat next to each other once more. I gazed at the floor silently. I didn't expect that to happen.

"Thank you, Newt." I quietly uttered. I saw his head turn to look at me out of the corner of my eyes. He chuckled quietly.

"Why are you saying thank you?"

"I- I have no idea." I laughed, covering my mouth. Newt laughed, too.

"Never in my life, well.. since I've been in the Glade, didn't ever think I'd kiss a girl. Not anyone. And certainly not as pretty as you are." I felt my cheeks heat up at that, and I looked at him.

"Newt?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you for always being there for me. No matter how much I've struggled, you've always been there to help me. Everyone tells me we're sewn at the hip." Newt smiled at that. "And honestly, ever since I got to know you, you've made me feel so safe and secure. Even when we were just two silly friends a month ago." I looked at Newt again. He looked like he had just seen the cutest thing on earth. "You really like me that much, don't you?" My voice was hardly a whisper.

"No, Y/n. I love you."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

A/N: I JUST REALISED ITS ONLY BEEN NEWT LOL. Sorry guys, but don't worry, tea will be SORTED