CHAPTER 7

*****************ELYRIA*********************

Nixie's pov:
At the crack of dawn, I set out to visit the fae realm, I know my husband told me they love their peace and quiet but I don't like it when their too quiet, it's either something is wrong or they are up to something. Faes can really be mischievous at times.

The fae realm was not too far from elyria, I could easily teleport but I decided to walk.

On getting to the fae realm, I was greeted by silence, there was no form of activities, the houses were locked, there were no children running around, something is up I said as I walked further in, I decided to go to elder Lyra's house.
Elder Lyra was one of the protectors of the fae realm, she was a woman of virtue, her captivating smiles always bring a sense of warmth to you.

I got to elder Lyra's house and I knocked on her door twice, I heard footsteps coming towards the door and I took a step back, "who's there" asked elder Lyra, " it is I Nixie, the wife to the leader of the water clan in Elyria."
The doorknob twisted open and elder Lyra dragged me in, "it is not safe here nixie, why didn't you inform me you were coming?
I'm sorry for that elder I said still surprised by her behaviour.

What do you mean it's not safe? I asked

'Sit down'  she said gesturing for me to take a sit as she went into the kitchen.
I  sat down on the couch in the sitting room, elder Lyra's house was quite simple and modest her sitting room consisted of couch, a centre table placed at the middle and a chandelier hanging at the top of the ceiling.

Elder Lyra came out carrying a tray with a piece of bread and freshly brewed tea on top, she placed it on a stool and brought it to face me so that I could eat.

"Thank you elder Lyra, it's so kind of you to entertain me" I said.

It's nothing nixie, I could tell you walked and you must need something refreshing.

Why is the town so quiet, elder, all the houses were closed, they were no children playing, no form of activities, what is happening elder? I asked

The full moon is happening tonight and you know what that means?

I gasped as realisation rushed through me, the demons are at their strongest during the full moon and usually go on hunting, killing and eating any animal or supernatural that comes their way.

I actually forgot about that elder Lyra, I need to go back as soon as possible and order a curfew, I said.

Elder Lyra chuckled and said, Nixie you're young yet so forgetful, eat up before you go.

I couldn't decline because, turning down the offer to eat at a faes home would only result in a big misunderstanding and I couldn't bear to hurt elder Lyra's feelings so I had no choice but to eat.

I took a sip from the tea and it was very refreshing, I took a big gulp as I couldn't waste more time and finished eating the bread.

I wiped my mouth as I stood up bidding elder Lyra farewell and I made way to the door.
"Oh, I forgot, Dylan sends his greetings I said and elder Lyra smiled bidding me farewell.
  This time I teleported back to Elyria as I couldn't waste more time.
I got to elyria and made way to the palace, as a woman and the wife of a leader, all male soldiers were to bow and keep their gaze down as I passed.
I got to the room, where the council of elders usually had their meetings, a solider announced my presence, and I used that time to veil my face as a married  woman wasn't supposed to be in the midst of men without covering her face. I stepped in as the solider finished announcing my arrival.