CHAPTER 18

As the night wore on, the grand ballroom of the palace shimmered with a kaleidoscope of colors, the sound of laughter and music filling the air. Guests from far and wide, representing the diverse magical communities, mingled and danced, their finery glinting in the light of the crystal chandeliers.

But amidst the joy and celebration, a sense of unease settled over the gathering. The King of Evil, Xandros, had arrived, his dark presence a stark contrast to the revelry. His cold, calculating gaze swept the room, his eyes locking onto Alex, the Supreme God, with a taunting glint.

The soldiers stationed around the perimeter of the ballroom stood at attention, their hands resting on the hilts of their swords, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. The air was thick with tension, the anticipation of a potential attack palpable.

Elder Lyra, ever vigilant, watched Xandros with a hawk's eye, her hands weaving subtle patterns in the air as she prepared a defense against any dark magic that might be unleashed. Meanwhile, Alex, resplendent in his divine robes, stood tall, his eyes never leaving Xandros, his presence a beacon of hope and protection for his people.

The coronation ceremony was about to begin, and the fate of the magical realm hung in the balance. Would Xandros's presence disrupt the proceedings, or would the combined might of the magical communities and their Supreme God be enough to keep the darkness at bay? The night wore on, the outcome hanging precariously in the balance...