Miss Gulch takes Toto Away

An angry Miss Gulch rides her bicycle down the country road to the farm mansion. She has a basket on the back of her bicycle. Then she leaned her bicycle against the fence while Alfred is holding a paint brush.

Miss Gulch: Mr. Pennyworth,

Alfred: Hello, Miss Gulch.

Miss Gulch: (Comes into the Gale's yard) I want to see your master and Mrs. Cooper right away about Dick.

Alfred: Dick? Well, what has Dick done?

Miss Gale: What's he done? I'm all but lame from the bite on my leg!

Alfred: Oh! You mean she bit you?

Miss Gulch: No, his new puppy!

Uncle Henry: Oh, he bit his dog eh? 

He shuts the fence door

Miss Gulch: (Exasperated) No!

(The scene switches to the living room where Miss Gulch lectures the Gales about Toto. While Dorothy holds Toto protectively.)

Miss Gulch: (Angrily) That puppy's a menace to the community. I'm taking her to the pound to make sure she's destroyed.

Dick: Destroyed? Toto? Holy death sentence! You can't! You musn't! Aunt Harriet! Bruce! You won't let her will you?

Bruce: Oh course we won't. (To Harriet) Uh, will we Aunt Harriet?

Dick: (Goes to Harriet) Please, Aunt Harriet! Toto didn't mean to. She didn't know he was doing anything wrong. I'm the one that ought to be grounded. I let her go in her garden. You can send me to bed without supper.

Miss Gulch: If you don't hand over the puppy, I'll bring a damage suit that'll take your whole mansion and the farm. There's a law protecting folks against dogs that bite.

Auntie Em: How would it be if he keeps her leashed up? She's really gentle, with gentle people that is.

Miss Gulch: Well, that's for Chief O'Hara and the pound to decide. (Pulls out Chief O'Hara's order) Here's his order, so allow me to her. Unless you wanna go against the law.

Harriet reads the order.

Bruce: (Takes the order) Hm. Yes.

Harriet: Uh, we can't go against the law, Dick. I'm afraid poor Toto has to go.

Miss Gulch: Now you're seeing reason.

Dick: No.

Miss Gulch: (Pulls out the basket) Here's what I'm taking her in, so she can't attack me again.

Dick: (Upset, protesting) No, No! I won't let you take her! You go away, you...! Oh, I'll bite you myself!

Harriet Dick!

Dick: You wicked old witch! Bruce, Aunt Harriet, don't let her take Toto.

Miss Gulch: (Trying to grab Toto) I've got an order! Let me have her!

Dick: Please stop her!

Harriet: Put him in the basket, Bruce.

Miss Gulch: The idea!

Dick: (Begging) Don't, Bruce. (Bruce puts Toto in the basket while she whimpers.) (On the verge of tears) Oh, Toto!

Dick ran upstairs to his bedroom sobbing. Harriet sympathetically watches him go, then glares at Miss Gulch.

Harriet: (Furiously) Almira Gulch! Just because you own half the county doesn't mean you have the power to run the rest of us! For years, I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you. And now, well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!

Harriet goes to Dick's room. Bruce sits down on the chair and Miss Gulch stood there shocked. Miss Gulch glares and he shrugs. The camera switches to Miss Gulch pedals down the country road. Toto pokes her head and jumped out of the basket, Miss Gulch didn't notice her. Back at Wayne Manor Farm in his bedroom, Dick is crying next to his bed holding a tissue to his nose as if he had a bloody nose. Dick looks at a picture of him and Toto. Bruce, Selina, Alfred, and Harriet got Dick a girl puppy named Toto on his birthday. He heard a barking sound and Toto runs back to the farm and jumps into the window of Dick's bedroom.

Dick: (Happily) Holy reunion, Toto, darling! (Hugging Toto) Oh, I got you back! You came back! I'm so glad Toto. (Realizing) They'll be coming back for in a minute. We've got to get away! We got to run away!

Dick pulls out his suitcase and starts packing.