Already Home

The scene changes to the Emerald City's square filled with Ozian people. Dick, Toto and the Wizard are in the hot-air balloon which says "STATE FAIR GOTHAM."

Wizard of Oz: My friends. I mean, my friends! (Ozians cheering) This is positively the finest exhibition ever to be shown...be that as it may. I, your Wizard per ardua and altar am about to embark upon a hazardous and technically unexplainable journey into the outer stratosphere! (Ozians cheering) To confer, converse and otherwise hobmob with my brother wizards. And I hearby decree that until what time if any I return the Scarecrowette, by virtue of her highly superior brains shall rule in my stead assisted by the Tin Man by virtue of his magnificent heart and the Lioness, by virtue of her courage. Obey them as you would. Thank you.

Toto growls upon seeing the cat in the woman's arms. Toto jumps out of Dick's arms

Dick: (Comes out of the balloon) Oh, Toto! Come back! Toto! (To Wizard) Oh, don't go without me. I'll be right back.

Tin Man: Stop that puppy!

Scarecrowette and Lioness run to help Dick get Toto back

Wizard of Oz: (Starts to float away as the ropes get loose) This is a highly irregular procedure. This is absolutely unprecedented! I'll ruin my exit!

Dick: (Shocked, pleading to the Wizard) Come back! Come back! Don't go without me! Please come back!

Wizard of Oz: I can't come back! I don't know how it works! (To Ozians) Goodbye, folks!

Ozians: (Waving to Wizard) Goodbye!

Dick: (Sadly) Oh, now I'll never get home.

Cowardly Lioness: Stay with us then, Dick. We all love you. We don't want you to go.

Dorothy Gale: Well, that's very kind of you. But this could never be like Gotham. Aunt Harriet must have stopped wondering what happened to me by now. (To Scarecrowette) Oh, Scarecrowette what am I going to do?

Scarecrowette: (Points and sees the bubble) Look! Here's someone who can help you!

The pink bubble comes down from the sky. Glinda comes out of her bubble as the Ozians kneel to her then she comes to Dick and his friends.

Dick: Oh, will you help me? Can you help me?

Glinda the Good Witch of the North: You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power to go back to Gotham.

Dick: (Surprised) I have?

Scarecrowette: Then why didn't you tell him before?

Glinda the Good Witch of the North: Because he wouldn't have believed me. He has to learn it for himself.

Tin Man: What have you learned, Dick?

Dick: Well, I think that it,,,that it wasn't enough just to want to see my friends and Aunt Harriet. And it's that if I ever go looking for my heart's desire again I won't look any further than my own backyard. Because if it isn't there I never really lost it to begin with. Is that right?

Glinda the Good Witch of the North: (Nodding her head) That's all it is. (Singing)
You think you're lost,
but that's not true
You simply lived a dream or two
you traveled all this way to find
you never left
your home behind
Home is a place in your heart
Every journey leads you back to where you start
Close your eyes
it's very easy
You'll find that you're already home
We have to finish to begin
We have to lose before we win
And soon we'll see it isn't far
from where we were
To where we are
Home is a place inyour heart
Every journey leads you back to where you start
Close your eyes it's very easy
You'll find that you're already home