𝟮. 𝗰𝘆𝗻𝗶𝗰

"𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙬𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚
𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙞𝙩"
-Noah Kahan

THE SIGHT OF BASTIEN MOREAU TRAILING behind Wymack like a grumpy child being ordered around when they both entered the lounge  made Kevin audibly snort. 

"Not a word, Day." He replied in an annoyed tone as he moved to sit on the couch's armrest nearest to Kevin. Feeling the Foxes' gaze on him, he switched the language to french when he spoke up next, his voice laced with more exasperation than heat this time. "I'd told him I would pose as his assistant, not actually be his bitch. Not even the Moriyama's have ever made me answer so many calls from grumpy old men for them." He missed Neil tensing on the couch near him as he mentioned the family name.

"You didn't really expect him to just let you do as you wished without anything in return, did you?" Kevin took the opportunity to mock him, doubting he'd actually get mad in his current state.

"Well, you'd think it's common sense to not just order a yakuza member around as you wished. Apparently not." Was his final sarcastic response, backed up with an even more sarcastic shrug of his shoulders, before he shut up.

"You done whining over there?" Wymack's voice brought them back to the current situation, reminding Bastien of the other people in the room.

"Not really, but it can wait." He dismissed as he finally took in the sight of the rest of the people in the room.

The couch where he sat also held Neil in addition to Kevin, with an empty space in between them that Bastien could only assume was meant for Andrew.  It had two chairs placed to its sides, one occupied by the other twin, and the other empty, most likely for the currently absent cousin.

Opposite to them, stood all the upperclassmen, excluding the newly boyfriend-less blonde, who's names Bastien hadn't yet learned. He supposed the remaining couch and chair next to it belonged to them.

When a brief silence was formed as he was still observing them, Bastien zoned back in just in time to hear Wymack's next words. 

"Sit down, would you? We need to talk." His previous guess were proven right when he watched the older Foxes settle in the  couch behind them. "Before we get into talking about the elephant in the room, I think the new frenchie in it has to be explained first. You wanna introduce yourself or should I?" That last sentence was directed at him, prompting the Foxes who weren't already watching him to do so.

"Hello everyone, my name is Bastien Moreau. I am sure Kevin has probably mentioned either me or my brother when he explained the whole Raven drama." Seeing the distrusting looks sent his way by most of the Foxes at the confirmation of his identity, he was quick to reassure them. "And, before you say anything, I did not come here as a threat." He gave them a few seconds to let that sink in.

"Kevin and I have a deal. And, while it does not concern you to the point you need to know what it implicates, it will benefit you in the long run." The french man continued. "I signed up to study at PSU this year, but I'll also be working as Wymack's 'assistant' in order to stay close to Kevin. So, you'll be seeing me around often from now on." He finished by asking, "That's basically it, any questions?"

"Won't your absence from the Moriyama's business put the Foxes at risk, seeing as you're with us and not them?" Captain Brunette asked him, protective of her team.

"No. They believe the only reason I'm here is to look over their investment's progress." Kevin visibly flinched at the word he used. "They don't have any reason to distrust me, so they should not be an issue. Anything else?"