𝟲. 𝘁𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗵

"𝙛𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩
𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠 𝙨𝙤 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙮, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙝"
-5 Seconds of Summer

THEY SPLIT UP TO THE CHANGING
rooms to find their gear. Bastien following with the guys in order to speak with Kevin, hoping to be quick so he'd be finished by the time the girls were finished packing Allison's stuff.

He got comfortable on the bench closest to Kevin's locker before opening his mouth.

"You are so getting your asses kicked," He mockingly said in french.

"Shut up," Kevin rolled his eyes as he went through stuff on his locker. "Aren't you supposed to support us? If not for you being Coach's assistant, at least because of our deal?"

"I do support your team, and for both our sakes you better win." The french man stated, an underlying threat in his words. "However, the odds aren't exactly on your favor. All I'm asking for at this point is that you get painfully tackled at least twice. Yeah, that'd be nice." He smiled pleased.

"You're a fucking asshole, has anyone ever told you that?"

"Rather be that than a backstabber." Bastien didn't hesitate to strike back, hitting where he knew the wound was still open.

He could feel the others', especially Neil's who understood what they were saying, curious stares on them. However, before he could comment on it, metal banging next to him stole his attention.

Andrew was opening and closing his locker for no apparent reason. He only did it twice before Kevin caught the door to stop him. Andrew didn't fight but shoveled gear out of his locker onto the floor next to them.

"What is going on?" Kevin asked, his focus changed. "You can't last a full game without your medicine."

"No, probably not." Andrew sounded far too cheerful for someone who was going to spend half of his night in serious discomfort. He crouched and began sorting out the mess he'd made of his armor and uniform. "We'll figure something out."

"He's done it once before," Matt said.

"Yeah, last October." Nicky didn't look up from where he was stuffing things into his duffel, but he was grinning as he told his story. "We found out the ERC was going to cut us from the Class I ranks if we didn't stop losing. Coach asked Andrew for a miracle, and Andrew gave us one. He made Coach come up with a number between one and five, and that's how many points he let the other team get before he shut them out. It was probably the most badass thing I've ever seen."

If his words were supposed to make Kevin feel better about Andrew's chances tonight, they achieved the exact opposite. Kevin's face was a thundercloud. Bastien had to turn away so he wouldn't see him stifle his laughter at the expression.

"So you'll try," Kevin said through gritted teeth, "because Coach asked you to."

Andrew folded his arms across his knees, tilted his head back, and smiled up at Kevin. "Careful, Kevin. Your jealous streak is showing."

"For eight months you've told me no. In eight seconds you told him yes. Why?"

"Oh, that's easy." Andrew stuffed the last of his gear into his bag and zipped it shut. He slung the bag over his shoulders and got to his feet, standing up so close to Kevin he almost knocked Kevin back a step and onto Bastien. "It's just more fun to tell you no. That's what you wanted, right? You wanted me to have fun. I am. Aren't you?"