Monthsary 🔞

A/n: This chapter contains smut.

"What are you doing here, Mr. V?"

Taehyung's hand froze mid air, a tremor running down his spine as Jungkook's icy voice reached his ears in the dead silence of the night.

His breathing pattern became abnormal and so did his already racing heartbeat. Scary thoughts filled his head- Was he caught? This was it? His first and last attempt to take matters into his own hands was wasted just like that?

Most importantly, what was Jungkook going to do to him if he really did find out?

Oh god please no, Taehyung thought to himself as he gazed into Jungkook's now open, dark and calculative eyes staring right at him. The moonlight made everything pretty visible, also showed how Taehyung's throat bobbed with a gulp.

Quick, think of something, anything! Just lie-

"If you were feeling lonely you could've just said so." Jungkook sat up on his bed and smiled drowsily at the idol, making him blink down in confusion.

"Can't sleep? Come on, you can join me here." He offered, patting on his bed.

"What? No, i--" Taehyung paused his words when he saw the slight frown on Jungkook's brow and decided to just go with the flow.
"Ah, yes i-i couldn't really sleep."

Jungkook simply smiled and patted his bed again, moving to sit on the other side himself. Taehyung was slow to settle on the warmer side of the bed, feeling awkward at the situation.

He was here for a different reason and was doing something entirely different. As per usual, what was even new with that. Huh, Taehyung wanted to smack himself for always being so dumb.

"You know you can talk to me about it, right?" Jungkook's soft voice broke his train of thoughts and only then did Taehyung realise he had been blankly staring into space for some time.

"What? Oh- it's uh, it's nothing." The idol shook his head but gasped when the ravenette gripped his hand, softly thumbing over his knuckles.

"What is it? What are you thinking about?" Jungkook asked him again,  even more softly this time and his eyes spoke volumes about his concern for Taehyung's wellbeing.

That look... And that thought made something curl inside Taehyung's stomach. A sapling of hope.

Jungkook said he loved Taehyung right? So maybe if... If Taehyung tried to explain his perspective to his kidnapper, he would let him go?

The odds were low but right now as he looked into Jungkook's care laden eyes, he couldn't help but put some trust in him. He had to atleast try.

"Well, I kinda had a dream..." The idol started slowly, watching the kidnappers reaction very carefully. Jungkook seemed curious as he egged him to continue.

"I was on the stage and I was singing my new song and everyone was there, cheering..." Taehyung paused to take a deep breath before he tightened his hold on Jungkook's hand.

"Jungkook i... want to go back to Seoul." He completed, feeling his heart pump faster as there was no immediate response to his request.

He looked up to find Jungkook staring back at him with an unreadable expression on his face.  The hand which was holding his own hand dropped and the idol suddenly felt really stupid for saying that. For hoping.

"Mr. V, did you forget we had a deal between us?" This time Jungkook's voice didn't hold the previous softness but an icy cold malice that made Taehyung's heart ache with disappointment. "You gave me one month to prove my love to you. If you dont fall for me i promised I'll take you back home. We talked about this."