Jealousy

2:36 PM
School was finally over for the rest of week. Crystal drops me off at my house. I get out of her car and see Ellie walking out of the house with a suitcase and she was with Chris. My confusion grows as I see them get into a random car. I knew it wasn't Matt's, and Chris can't drive so it couldn't be his. I should've yelled out to her to ask her what was going on but I knew she'd probably just get annoyed at me. I just watch them drive off.

Eventually I shake it off and go inside. A little time passes and I'm just sitting on my bed and scrolling on my phone. I get a notification from messages and it was Matt texting me.

Matt- heyy
Me- hey :)
Me- what's going on with Chris and Ellie?
Matt- I'm not rlly sure Chris told me a little bit about what he was doing
Matt- something abt the beach I think
Me- oh ya
Me- Ellie rlly likes the beach
Matt- ya she was talking about it like a week or so ago I think
Matt- before, you know...
Matt- she doesn't really talk like she used to
Matt- does she talk to you???
Me- no she's really angry at me
Me- I was so rude to her and was being selfish so i didn't notice what had happened
Me- I feel so bad
Matt- it's ok you js need to find the right time to make it right between you guys
You- I hope
Matt- well I gtg ttyl
You- oh ok bye

I put my phone down beside me and look up at the ceiling. I didn't know what to do now. I decide to just go downstairs and watch something so I turn on the tv.

4:06 PM
My mom arrives home later and I talk to her for a little and then she starts to make dinner. "Where's Ellie?" She asks. I explain to her what I saw and what Matt said. She just nods but I could tell she seemed a bit uncomfortable. After all the only time she's really met Chris was right after she caught me and Matt in the backyard. She probably doesn't have the best perspective of him.

I look over at her though. "Don't make her come back home though. She looked really happy." I smile slightly remembering her face. "She'd be really pissed with me if she found out I was the reason her vacation was cut short. And she probably needs it after all she's been through." My mom looks at me as she squints her eyes slightly. "I wasn't going to. I'm just not sure how I feel about her being so far away from me where I can't make sure nothing happens again. I trust Chris though... kinda. From how you guys talk about the boys I can tell they're good people." She says continue to make the dinner.

I smile slightly at her. She sees my face and smiles back knowing I'm glad to hear that. I go up to my room and wait for my mom to tell me when it was time to eat. I go on Snapchat and check the people who Snapchat recommend to friend. I was about to get out of Snapchat because I had checked all my notification but my finger slips and I accidentally click on some girls story. I get a mini heart attack but then realize that she put of picture of her and Matt on her story. Who the fuck? I think. It was a cute picture and checked how long ago it was and it was right after me and Matt had gotten done talking.

 It was a cute picture and checked how long ago it was and it was right after me and Matt had gotten done talking

(I know this is Alahna. I'm not shipping them or anything. js pretend it's some other girl.)

I frown but barely notice. I start to overthink. It was a bad habit I have but I couldn't help it. What if he's dating her? What does the kiss we shared mean to him. He probably doesn't like me back especially with her being friends with him. Or more, who knows. My heartbeat begins to pick up. I felt kind of jealous of both my sister and that girl. I couldn't bring yourself to cry, move, and especially feel happy for other people. I knew it was selfish but at this point it was already bad.

My mom calls up to me that dinners ready and I slowly slide off my bed on my feet. When I get downstairs, I eat and we talk just like normal. When I finish I start to walk upstairs but my mom stops me. "Is everything alright you seem different." I look at her a bit shocked. "Y-yeah. I'm just still a bit affected by the whole thing with um... Ellie". "I understand but there's something off about how you've been acting about... that too." She says. I look at her a bit annoyed now. I didn't mean to get so overwhelmed I was just still in a bad mood from today.

"I'm fine mom." I say more stern this time. I could feel tears start to roll in my eyes. "Ok but talk to me when something's going on". I can't help but blink my eyes to get rid of the tears and sniffle. "I-I know". She looks at me with a concerned face.

"Oh baby pls talk". I release all my tears now and cover my face with my hands. "I just feel like Ellie hates me so much, and Matt's hanging out with other girls. Which I know is stupid because I'm not the only female figure in his life, but it still hurts. Like what was our kiss to him. He probably doesn't like me back because I'm younger". My mom's facial expression changes to a stern, confused face and a bit annoyed.

"What does age have to do with it? How much older is he?" She says staring at me. I stop crying out of shock. "U-um... he's... he's a year older". "So an adult!? He's a senior?" "He's only 17! He's got a summer birthday". Her face softens a bit and she clenches her jaw. It goes quiet for a bit.

To be continued.

I'm changing the perspective for this chapter. If y'all like it lmk. if not I can put it back to 2nd person. Also I might've said you or your bc half this chapter was originally written in 2nd person.🙃