𝟓

Meanwhile, Jungkook stands there in his own living room with only his boxer briefs on as he dries his newly wet hair with a towel, fresh out of his shower while he listens to the live television news. His sharp eyes are focusing on the people all around the New York City that's being shown in the television with their creepy masks and their sharp dangerous weapons. Some of them are dancing within themselves on the street, seemingly filled with happiness, which is a complete irony to what's going to happen the moment the clock strikes seven.

Jungkook calls them mentally ill.

6:00 PM

1 HOUR LEFT UNTIL THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE ANNUAL PURGE.
---------------------------
Brandon

Okay, people!! We only have 1 hour left until Purge night, so we suggest it's time for you guys to hit that house security button to go into a full lockdown and pray for yourselves that you will survive this upcoming 12 hours night of pure terror! And for those who participate, we wish you a very good luckin your successful cleansing. Have a safe night, America. May God be with you all.

Jungkook grunts, hitting his house security button besides his main door as he watches his whole house being covered with a thick metal, blocking those mentally ill people from harming him before he enters his safe room, choosing his best Class Four rifle, the AS50 and loads it with bullets as a step two to defend himself in case if something happens. Furthermore, his producer is sending two girls towards him for 'entertainment.' And while Jungkook could use some of that tonight, it'll be very foolish of him to fully trust them.

Which is why he already texted his producer and asked for their faces, including their real names and age.
---------------------------
Mr producer

VALERIE, 23 YEARS OLD.

Mr producer

JUNE, 24 YEARS OLD.

Both of them are pretty. It'll be good for the three of them if they don't have any intentions of killing him by tonight.

Jungkook pours himself a glass of whiskey as he sits on the couch, taking a sip of it before he opens his only favourite video game at the moment, Call Of Duty. He usually plays that when he gets too caught up with work that he needs something else to release his tensions. And for a single young guy, if it's not sex, sleep, or smoking, it's playing games. Or maybe other things. Jungkook wouldn't know.

Recently, he bought a lot of COD merchandise, such as T-shirts, pants, including the Simon Riley ghost mask. That one, he has it in his bedroom. He kind of bought it just yesterday and it instantly arrived in the afternoon on the same day.

Call it fast delivery service.

He takes a deep breath and decides to start his game while he waits for his two guests. His instincts are saying that something is going to go horribly wrong, but as much as Jungkook always trusts his guts, he hopes that this time, he's absolutely wrong about it.

7:00 PM

12 HOURS LEFT UNTIL THE END OF THE ANNUAL PURGE.

Jungkook has been playing games and had won multiple times before his phone alarm rings, signalling that it's the time to purge as Jungkook moves his gaze towards his television. A bright red light surrounds his darkened living room, making Jungkook's eyes squint.

Purge Ads

RELEASE THE BEAST AND PURGE IN OUR AMERICAN STREETS. YOUR NEW FOUNDING FATHERS ENCOURAGE YOUR PARTICIPATION.

"Fuck the founding fathers." Jungkook curses under his breath, rolling his eyes in a disapproval as the emergency siren sounds come out of his television, signalling the beginning of an Emergency Broadcast System of the 2023 Annual Purge.

EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM

This is not a test.

This is your Emergency Broadcast System, announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge, sanctioned by the U.S Government.

Weapons of Class Four and lower, have been authorized for use during the Purge.

All other weapons are restricted.

Government officials of ranking 10, have been granted immunity from the Purge, and shall not be harmed.

Commencing at the siren, any and all crimes, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours.

Police, fire, and emergency medical services, will be unavailable until tomorrow morning at 7 am, when the Purge concludes.

Blessed be our New Founding Fathers, and America, a nation reborn. May God be with you all.

On cue, a loud, piercing siren begins to ring six times all across America, signalling every citizens that they can now purge and commit all crimes without ever facing the consequences by the law. And at the same time, Jungkook begins to hear the tattletale of a gun shot, followed by a mortified scream and a sadistic laughter most likely coming from the lunatic purger.

Jungkook exits his video game and put his phone down to be aware of his surroundings. His cleaned ears are focusing on the sound of every possible threats his human ears could catch coming from the outside of his house.

All of the sudden, a very loud crash was heard, coming near from his house as Jungkook sucks his breath and picks his phone up to call his manager to know if him or if anyone else is alright.

No answers.

He then calls Heesung, his driver.

Also no answers.

Another gun shot pierces the night air.

"Fuck, pick up the phone!!" Jungkook grumbles, heart racing with consternation.

And then, his bell rings.