𝟷

AMERICA, 2022.

Unemployment is at 1%.

Crime is at an all-time low.

Violence barely exists.

With one exception...

"Blessed be the New Founding Fathers for letting us Purge and cleanse our souls. Blessed be America, a nation reborn."

AMERICA, 2023.

Unemployment is below 5%. Crime is virtually non-existent while every year, fewer and fewer people live below the poverty line.

All thanks to...

MARCH 21, 4:00 PM

3 HOURS LEFT UNTIL THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE ANNUAL PURGE.

The ticking clock on the wall shows that it's now 4:00 pm when Jungkook's phone rings, catching the attention of the Korea's global superstar as he stops what he's doing and instantly walks towards his phone that's being placed on the table in front of him.

"Ah... Sorry, I have to answer this call. Excuse me," Jungkook says, bowing in front of his production team as he gets out of the studio for some privacy, answering the call from one of his band members. "Joon hyung."

"Kook." The voice of Kim Namjoon who's well known by many because of his popularity as the leader of the famous Korean Boy band BTS floods his ears before he continues to speak.

"Where are you right now? Please tell me you're already at your house."

"Um..." Jungkook trails off. His dark orbs eyes his surroundings to make sure that there's nobody that's ear dropping their conversations as he leans his back against the wall. "No... fuck, not yet. I'm still at the studio, you know? Busy day."

"You've got to be kidding me. It's Purge day!!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Jungkook breathes, licking his lips piercing. "I can take care of myself, okay? I'm gonna go back to my house now."

"You better," Namjoon warns. "We're all worried about you. I still can't believe they made you fly there and stay for five fucking days now out of all dates. Are they nuts?!"

"Yeah well, I guess they're just very busy." Jungkook sighs, running his tattooed hand through his recently dyed black hair.

"I don't feel good about this."

"Hyung," Jungkook replies. "I'll live and I'll come back to Seoul safely. I promise. You have to trust me, okay?"

There's seven seconds of silence from the other line before he hears Namjoon sighs through the phone, defeated.

"Okay. We trust you. Please live. You've promised."

"And I will," Jungkook says confidently.

"Goodbye, hyung. Take care!"

"No, YOU take care. I'm out here in Seoul safe and sound."

Jungkook laughs, nodding his head to himself. "Alright, alright. Bye!!"

"Goodbye, Kook. Stay safe." Namjoon answers before he hangs up the call.

Jungkook then straight away pulls the door to the studio, going inside of it as he claps his hands once to get people's attentions. "Okay, guys. I afraid I have to go now. Thank you so much for your hard work!" He says, smiling and bowing politely as the others nod their heads, smiling and thanking him for his hard work too in making his solo album as they all start to pack their things to go to their own directions.

Whether it's to stay at their house and locking themselves up with enough securities or to go outside with the intention to purge.

"Are you going to purge today, bro?"

His producer suddenly asks, appearing behind him as Jungkook looks behind his back and snickers.

"Nah," He lifts up his black backpack and rest it on his right shoulder. "I'm just gonna play video games all night."

The producer laughs, nodding his head. "Isn't this your first time in the US on Purge day?"

First and the last, Jungkook thinks.

"Oh, sorry." Jungkook apologizes to one of the woman he accidentally bumped into before he turns his focus back towards the producer.

"Yeah, something like that." he smiles, good natured as he tilts his head to the side. Something a little sinister appears on his face.

"Are you scared?"

"What?" The white man asks, chuckling nervously while shaking his head in a 'No.'

Jungkook knows he's lying.

"But uhhhh hey, if you want some entertainment tonight besides playing video games, I could suggest you one or two girls that I know to keep you company."

Jungkook snorts, fast to pick up the meaning behind the latter's words.

"Are they for free?"

"Hell no, of course not!!!" The latter laughs, genuine. "But I could pay them for you to thank you for willing to work with me. It's an honor, really."

Jungkook smiles, considering the suggestion for a moment at the back of his head before he nods.

"Sure."