𝟕

Jimin flashes his son a soft reassurance smile after the sixth siren comes out, immediately switches the television to the new Spiderman movie as he ruffles at his son's hair.

"It's going to be okay, alright baby? Let's have fun watching Spiderman instead," Jimin comforts him. But then when he thinks back about it, it sounds more like he's consoling himself.

He may survived the 2022's Purge, yes. But still, he can't seem take his memories of all of the corpses that he had seen the day after, beaten to nothing but a piece of a scattered meats and the buildings that were on fire. Imagine how hard did the owner had to work to own a massive building like that only for it to be burnt down in one night because of someone's submission to their own morally gray intrusive thoughts?

Sometimes, Jimin does think about him getting murdered. Just 'what ifs'. What if he's going to get murdered brutally? If he dies, what will happen to his son? He doesn't trust his dad to be the one who takes care of Aiden. No fucking way.

But those are just thoughts in the end. Nothing more. And for a moment, everything goes well for them, enjoying the movie and laughing at the slightest humor that's being shown to them. That is, until there's a sudden ruthless knock on the door multiple times.

"Mommy-"

"Shushh," Jimin cups his son's mouth as his heartbeat slowly increases. "You have to be quiet, okay honey? Don't make any sound."

Aiden nods. His big eyes are staring at him when the both of them flinch when they heard an angry yell from the outside of the house, calling for his name as it follows by another rapid bangs on the door.

"PARK JIMINNNN!!!"

It's the voice of a man that sounds unfamiliar to Jimin. He sucks his breath as he slowly stands up, his son is gripping at his hand to not let him go, as Jimin reassures him, slowly removing Aiden's tiny hand and immediately runs inside his bedroom to get a gun and loads it with bullets before he comes back to the living room, embracing the boy close to himself.

Another aggressive knocks on the door.

"COME ON, I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE. YOU BETTER COME OUT OF YOUR TINY HIDING PLACE BEFORE I BREAK THIS SHIT OFF-"

The guy hits his hands on the door once again.

"COME OUT, PARK!!! YOU HAVE 10 SECONDS UNTIL WE FUCKING CRASH YOUR FRONT HOUSE!!"

'We.' Which means this guy is not alone.

"Fuck," Jimin whispers.

"Mommy, I'm scared..." Aiden whispers, hugging his leg as Jimin grabs the remote control to turn the television off. And now, the only sounds that's filling the living room is silence.

"Baby, baby look at mommy. We're gonna go hide in your room and don't go anywhere else. Just follow me. Okay? Be a good boy."

"Okay, mommy." His son responses as Jimin immediately lifts him up on his arms and takes him inside of his room, locking the door and putting his son back down before he looks around, spotting a single bed. His breath heaves in desperation as he tries to move the furniture to the door so that it can hold those bastards from the outside before Jimin takes his son into his wardrobe, hiding in silence with a fully loaded gun in his hand.