CHAPTER 11

EDWARD
18 JUNE 1415

I darted a glance towards Myra.

Would we watch both of them make love?

Myra looked utterly unfazed, her eyes staring at the hollow window in front of us, her hand still planted on the book. I snatched the book from under her hand and shut it.

"Hey!" she complained.

"We are not going to watch them make love."

"Edward!" she snorted. "Are you shy?"

"God's teeth!" I cursed. "It is not appropriate for a lady to watch this."

"Ah!" she exclaimed. "I don't wanna burst your bubble, Your Grace, but I have seen a lot more than that!"

My head snapped up. "Where? When?" Were there things about her that I was still unaware of?

Crawling to me, she snaked her arms around my neck. "In my time, we have something called a television." I stared at her, clueless. "It's a device...a kind of window that shows us plays from all over the world." I still did not understand. "Like the plays you see in theatres here, or the people performing in your court, we see that on the television, too." She pulled me closer, nudging her nose against mine. "And people do all sorts of naughty things in the plays."

I licked my lips, assessing hers. They looked so inviting and tempting.

"A window like this?" I gestured towards the book.

She brushed her nose with mine again. "Exactly!"

I pulled her into my lap, making her legs wrap around my torso. God! This woman would be the death of me!

"And what do you see in that window in your time?"

"They make love," she whispered, her voice amorous, "openly and brazenly."

"How do you see it in your window?"

She laughed at my question. "Oh, Edward!" She pecked a kiss on my lips. "We record it the way Jasmine recorded your life in a book—it's captured through a camera, and then anyone with a television can see it. In fact, millions of people can watch it at the same time."

"Millions of people can watch a man and a woman making love?"

She laughed again, and her laughter echoed through the library, making the books dance in front of my eyes.

"Yes, my love," she answered.

"Your time is full of witchcraft."

"It's called technology and innovation." She brushed her nose with mine again. "I wish I could take you back with me."

I bore into her magical grey eyes. "Do you wish to return?"

"Not without you, my love." She leaned in to claim my lips—just for a heartbeat. "I can't imagine my life without you now."

"Likewise," I answered, pushing her down to the floor, claiming her mouth with urgency, weighing my body down on hers. I could never get enough of her; nothing could ever curb my appetite other than her presence. "You breathe life into me, Bellissima." Her lips curled into a smile, staining her cheeks with a blush that was only meant for me. I grabbed her face in my hand. "You are too precious for me to lose over my curse," I groaned. "Do not make me do anything reckless that we will both regret later."

"How will we know if we don't take our chances?"

Her words spun a web around me. Her invitation was enticing, yet sinful. My entire body shuddered, pleasure rippling in my core that suddenly knew exactly how to get relief, but I bridled my desires. As tempting as it sounded, I still could not take any chances.

"No, Bellissima. As much as I want to make love, I cannot take that risk." I lifted my weight off of her and sat straight to get my bearings. She had always made me act witless. I was about to lose my sanity over her invitation. "Besides, it is a sin to bed before exchanging vows."

"Ah!" She rolled her eyes. "You and your Christian beliefs."

"Do you not believe in God's wrath?"

"If God starts punishing us for bedding someone, then trust me, half of the people in my time would be burning in hell by now." I just stared at her. Was everyone in her time a sinner? "And your bloodline would have become extinct from living in sin and keeping numerous mistresses for pleasure." I blinked at her words. "Then perhaps we shall continue where we left off, Your Grace?" she asked, changing the subject. "If you can't make love, then at least witness how two people in love feel when they make love."

Was she mocking me? How could she watch two people naked, especially when those two people look exactly like us? It was like watching us sin.

Ignoring me, she opened the book and placed her palm on it. She was indeed oblivious to my internal struggle. I knew she tried her best to provoke me into sinning, but she did not know how hard I tried to control myself.

We watched the scene unfold in front of our eyes.