Chapter 2

As we reached the door my stomach suddenly felt weird, and my palms were all sweaty as I abruptly became self conscious. Two-bit walked threw the door and i followed, standing awkward. There was six boys sitting in the room and all eye where on me. i suddenly regretted wearing my black leather pants.

"This is my kid sister, Ariana" Two-bit introduced.

"Hi" I said quietly. Everyone smiled at me except for one boy. Another boy got up and walked over to me.

"Hey I'm sodapop" The boy said, shaking my hand. He was fairly tall and slim. He had a kind face that still looked like he could get in a hell lot of trouble. He had Chestnut colored hair, and eyes that were chocolate brown.

Someone else walked up to me and said his name was Darrel, but people call him darry. He was tall and muscular. He had dark brown hair and eyes, and to be honest he sort of scared me.

The next boy to introduce himself had dark tanned skin and jet black hair. He had puppy dog black eyes and he introduced himself as johnny. I felt as if he was very jumpy.

The boy i met next was named Steve. He was 17, and was cocky from what i could tell, said he was soda's best friend. He was tall and lean. Steve had dark thick hair that he kept greased.

I already met ponyboy but i said hi to him again. Ponyboy was a dreamy kind of guy, not like the stereotypical greaser. He liked books and sunsets, and he was kind like you couldn't even imagine. He had brown hair, and dreamy green eye, he describe them as grey, but i saw more color than grey.

"That's dally" Pony said pointing to the only boy that didn't smile at me.

"He's a little ignorant." Two-bit remarked grinning.

"You're not nice" Dally remarked from across the room.

"You're never nice" Pony said to dally joining in.

"This is true" Two-bit said grinning widely.

"Does it look like I give a shit?" Dally asked.

"Nah" I said.

"What you say, Two-bit's kid sister" dally asked me.

"Oh so you can see me?" I said still smiling.

"Yeah I'm not blind" He said looking back at the TV.

"Well he's rude" i commented. "He's always that mean?" i asked.

"nah" Two-bits replied "you just gotta get used to him, once he gets to know you he's a real tuff guy"

"what? Like you?" i asked laughing. Two-bit rolled his eyes.

"I am being completely unsarcastic right now" I laughed.

"Thats a lie" Two-bit responded. I turned to look at Ponyboy.

"Hey, Do want to go watch the sunset" I asked ponyboy.

"Yeah sure" he said walking towards the door.

"Don't go too far." Darry warned. He was right, I just got jumped, i didn't want to get jumped again. To add to that Pony had never been jumped and i don't think he would want to experience that, Ever. We walked for a bit got to a hill and sat down. I thought of pony and how unfair it was that we are all too scared to walk on the streets in fear that we would be jumped by socs. The socs had it easy, we had to work for being trusted by anyone. We had to work hard to get anything. My train of thought was interrupted.

"How did you know i liked sunsets?" Ponyboy asked. I looked at him.

"You look the type." I said. He looked at me weird. I laughed. "and two-bit told me you liked 'em" I added.

"I like em too, the way the clouds and sky explode with color." I said admiring the sky.

"My favorite ones are when the sky lights up with a soft pinkish-red." Ponyboy said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"You know what else I like?" i asked him. He looked at me curiosity lit up in his eyes.

"Looking at the stars, " i said. "The stars are the most beautiful thing in this town." I added.

"Yeah" Pony simply agreed. I brushed my strawberry-blond hair out of my face with my hands. My palms were sweaty as I prepped myself for the question I was about to ask Ponyboy.

"Hey Ponyboy?" i asked.

"Yeah?" he replied with his eyes still on the sunset.

"Do- do you have a girlfriend?" i asked curiously. He looked at me surprised and i suddenly regretted asking the question. I looked away when he didn't answer the question. I don't even know why i would ask him that. How would i even explain.

"Uh no why?" He replied curiously. i quickly thought of something to say.

"Um no reason, I just didn't want any greaser girl threatening me because I watched a sunset with her boyfriend." i explained. He laughed.

"I wouldn't even date girls like that. They have to be nice, and have smart remarks, and they have to be interesting. Kinda like you" He explained.