Chapter 4

I watch the clock all day waiting for school to end. All they ever taught us was bullshit. When the bell rang I rushed to my locker, found Lily, and raced to my house. When we got to my house we ran up to my room, away from how dirty Two-bit left the rest of the house.

"So you have a date with Ponyboy Huh?" Lily said with excitement.

"It's not a date" I replied, changing into a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and leggings.

"I'm going to walk to ponyboy's house, so leave" I said to Lilliana. She picked up my hair.

"No no you need to fix your hair" she grinned and put my hair up into a ponytail sticking a bow in it.

"Lilliana I need to go" I hissed. She laughed and motioned me to go, and when we got out of my house she walked the other way.

I walked to the Curtis house and knocked on the door. Sodapop answer. I smiled.

"Is Ponyboy home?" I asked. soda pop smiled back at me.

"Yea he's been waiting for you since he got home" soda laughed. Pony walked out of his room and smiled to see me there.

"I heard you've been waiting for me" I remarked. He started to blush.

"Uh it's not really time for a sunset yet, wanna do something else?" He asked.

"Like what?" I asked looking at him.

"I don't know we could maybe just take a walk" He suggested.

"That sounds nice, But the socs are all over the place" I realised. "I'm still scared from the other day."

"Don't worry I'll keep you safe" He said smiling at me. I grinned back, and my grin soon became a huge smile as Ponyboy grasp my left hand. We walked for a while talking, then a red mustang pulled up beside us and I suddenly felt a lump in my throat, as two socs climbed out.

"Hey beautiful, what are you doing with this grease ball?" One of the two socs asked me. I hid behind Ponyboy still holding his hand.

"You better watch, your out of your territory" Ponyboy said.

"Just give us the girl and we'll leave you alone" The other soc said revealing their plan. Ponyboy clenched his jaw.

"Over my dead body" He said clasping my hand tighter.

"That can be arranged. We got two more in the back seat" One of the socs said.

"Pity the back seat" me and Pony Turned around to find Two-bit and Johnny standing there. Two-bit whipped out his switchblade and so did johnny. I didn't have a blade though. I don't think that Pony had one either, so I was thankful that Two-bit was there to save me.

"Bring it on" One of the socs said, but before anything could happen we heard sirens and the socs scrammed.

Once the Socs were gone for good I ran up to Two-bit and clung on to him as i started crying.

"It's too much" I started "It's too much for me to handle, it seems like whenever I leave my house, I'm getting jumped, I can't take it anymore" I said bawling. "One day I'm never going to come home"

"You shut your mouth kid, of course you're always gonna come home" Two-bit Responded. I stopped crying. I almost never cry but at that moment I couldn't take it. "That's it, I'm taking you home"

"No, no. I wanna see the sunset with Ponyboy and I promised Lily I would go to the dingo with her. I'll Be okay Me and Ponyboy won't be far from his house and Lily is picking me up to take me to the dingo." I explained.

"Fine" Two-bits replied.

----

Me and Pony sat in his porch watching the sunset.

"Are you okay?" Ponyboy asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine" I replied.

"Sorry I really didn't do a good job of protecting you" he apologised.

"You did a great job protecting me" I complemented. Ponyboy grabbed my hand, and looked into my eyes.

"Ariana... I really really like you." he started.

"I really like you too Ponyboy" I said.

"No Ariana I think I love you" he corrected.

"You- you do?" I started "do you think I'm beautiful?" I asked. He hesitantly nodded.

"Can I try something?" Pony asked me.

"Go ahead" I accepted, and before I knew it, Ponyboy was kissing me, and my eyes were wide open in shock. But then I closed by eyes and kissed back, putting my arms around his neck. he pulled away after a few seconds.

"Ariana I really like you" he said.

"I can see" I laughed. Pony into another kiss. I pulled away and said "I really like you too."

---

Eventually the sunset was over and I had to go to the dingo with Lily and Ponyboy went to the movies with Johnny.

In the dingo I told lily almost everything, every little detail till something at the dingo happened.