CHAPTER THREE

The question of why Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen slit his own mothers throat at the age of fifteen is a question I continuously come back to. Every person I meet seems to have a different story, each obscener than the other. 

I was careful to not stride around Giedi Prime uttering questions that could be perceived as critical of their beloved na-Baron. The room of the party was made to feel oppressive, with black stone walls and flooring, and windows in the form of tiny slivers. The room felt cold to the touch, no life could breed here. There were female slaves, with blackened eyes constantly fixated at the floor, serving different beverages. Although there were many people of importance I ought to conversate with, my focus was aimed at the na-Baron. I did not approach him, though I did keep a keen eye. 

When he suddenly vanished out the door, I grasped the opportunity of having him on my own.

"Let me pass" I whisper into the ear of a guard, using the Voice. He stands aside without hesitation.

As Feyd-Rautha walked down the desolate hallway, I followed at a safe distance. The sound of my footsteps was drowned out by the sound of black fireworks hitting the palaces' forcefield. Though as if sensing my presence, he turned to look at me, and in the blink of an eye he held a dagger at my throat. He was more skilled than I had presumed him to be.

"You are following me" He said in a low, predatory voice.

"Am I? I may have gotten lost. Will you show me the way out of this maze, my Lord na-Baron?" I ask, playing coy. He removes his dagger.

"We have met before" He states.

"I do not think so. I am Lady Abigail Osorio. I am here to honour your twentieth nameday" I give him a slight bow of my head. I refrain from telling him I am of Atreides descent and use my mother's maiden name instead.

"You are not allowed in this section. How did you get past the guards?" He thinks he is the predator, but he is the prey.

"The guards?" I ask. Slowly I start to manipulate his perceptions. A slight blurring of the vision.

"May I ask why you are not taking part in your own celebrations?" My voice sounding deep in his head, as if coming from his own mind. I make a ringing noise sound in his ears. He turns his head slightly, looking dizzy.

"You are Bene Gesserit" He says, struggling to find his words.

"And what makes you say that?" My voice sounding like slow waves in his head.

"I remember now. I dreamed about you last night" He says, sounding like a drugged man. What he says intrigues me. A dream of a future occurrence should not be swept aside. I start walking towards the guest-wing of the palace, where me and my sisters are staying. He follows blindly.

"A pleasant dream I hope" I say, implying depravity.

"Do not mock me, woman!" He says angrily, yet weakly.

"I would not dare" I say. He groans, as if in pain from the disconnect I have caused to his body.

"I know your Bene Gesserit tricks" He manages to choke out. I do not believe he can see anything but me at this point.

"And what do you know about the Bene Gesserit?" I ask curtly, slightly offended at his regard of our powers as "tricks" We are outside my chambers now. I turn to look at him, before lifting the spell I have him under.

"Tell me" I say to him. He feels relieved at the return of his senses, before looking around confused.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, playing coy again.