06 | Oh Great Kyrisios,bane of Kassia

Every deity on Olympus has their own enemy,their own rival (their very own bane of existence),their own monsters to fight with

Every deity on Olympus has their own enemy,their own rival (their very own bane of existence),their own monsters to fight with.Just like how Apollo have slayed the mighty Python during his early years,how Zeus and his brothers led a rebellion against their father Kronos or how Athena faced her challenger Arachne,Kassia too have an enemy that she have been fighting/holding down for centuries long.

His name was Kyrisios,the seven headed silver serpent.

Kyrisios was not just any other monster,he was a cruel,vile creature that emerged from the amidst chaos itself.That thing has an intelligent mind,yet all it wanted was to ravage the world.Kassia always believed and said that none were born evil,but Kyrisios proved her wrong in many times,many occasions.

How did Kassia first encountered Kyrisios? Remember when Kassia stayed in Iora without sight for two years? That was when she first met the creature,as a six year old godling.

For as long as Olympians could remember,no,even during the reign of Ouranus (the father of titans),Iora had always known to be an inhabited island,none were able to withstand the heavy,eerie atmosphere it emitted.Kassia was six during the time she come across the creature,it was being frozen in an ice,hidden well in a cave (well,she did not see it yet she could feel an ice at one part and a steel-like texture on another part).She left it be,knowing some things should not be interrupted,not to be messed with.

It was when Kassia was about fifteen years old then when she finally encountered Kyrisios once again,but this time,the creature had fully emerged,and Iora was destroyed on the surface,leaving it as a wasteland on earth (thankfully nothing but fireflies and butterflies lived there).

Kyrisios was a monstrous being,Kassia thought it might be even bigger,larger than Typhon.That does not matter,size never did but what mattered was despite its dangerous and destructive nature,it was the fact that he was able to controlled the reality and the mind of sentient beings was what make him incredibly dangerous.The Fates could not controlled him but instead,he was able to manipulate the fates as he desired.

Only several Olympians were able to withstand and free from his influence,Kassia the divine protector,Apollo the speaker truth,Poseidon and Hades who reigned where Kyrisios's power have little control and Gaia,the mother earth.The rest of them were under his control,unaware of their action,and he played them as if he was the puppeteer and the rest are his puppets (and he was a cruel puppeteer).

During those times were also when Kassia learnt of the ability of divine protection,that she was able to free herself from the will of the fates,and she does so immediately,knowing that was the only way to be free from Kyrisios's control.And with her power as the goddess of protection and power,she was able to subdued him after few years of fight.The world was in chaos during those time,with oceans slowly turning into sands,trees coming to life and even certain lifeless things suddenly have its own consciousness.