Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Fiora sighed and collapsed upon the small round stool in front of her vanity. Staring at herself in the mirror she remember her day with Nora. The girl was clearly in love with Erickson and if she wasn’t mistaken, he was in love with Nora. 

But there was something that happened between them...and she had to figure it out. 

“Ahh I thought I’d find you here my love.” Rafael’s smooth velvety voice ran down her skin sending goose bumps sprawling. 

Fiora smiled at his reflection in the mirror and noted just how handsome he truly was. 

“How was your day? Did you enjoy your company...Natalie was it?” 

Fiora swiftly stood up and spun to face him.

“Nora. You’re horrible with names.” She grinned, kissed him swiftly on the cheek and moved passed him to the dresser. 

His easy chuckle sounded from behind her as she selected a nightgown. 

“My day felt a thousand hours long! I sat across from this balding man who went on and on about trading ports, ships and something about a pesky flock of seagulls...” 

“A balding man? How dreadful.” Fiora rolled her eyes and pulled out teal floor length silken nightgown. 

“Dreadful indeed!” Suddenly his hands were on her shoulders and he whipped her around to face him. 

“Tell me...will you love me when I’m bald?”  

The question was so ridiculous Fiora laughed out loud. 

“Will you love me when I’m fat and lazy?” She choked out between bubbling laughter. 

“Disgusting! Never!” Rafael turned his nose up at her and she swiftly jabbed him in the gut. 

His eyes turned bright with mischief. It was part of the reason she loved him so, before he was all seriousness, always brooding with unknown emotions. Now he was playful, humorous even. 

Suddenly Rafael snatched the gown from her hands. “Well lets not waist our youth!” He winked and Fiora tried to grab it from his hands. 

“You won’t be needing this.” His smile turned deadly and his eyes smoldered. 

Fiora placed her hands on her hips and reached into the open drawer to grab another gown. 

Rafael easily snatched that one as well. 

“Give it back.” Fiora growled. 

“Make me.” Rafael hungrily looked her up and down. 

They stood staring at each other as Fiora fought the blush rising to her cheeks. 

“You want it back, one kiss.” 

“What?!” 

“It costs one kiss.” 

Fiora’s eyes met his and she slowly closed the distance between them. She was inches away from him and half expected him to claim her lips by now. But he was waiting to be kissed, not do the kissing. 

Fiora leaned in a breath away from his lips and slowly parted her own. Just as he did the same she moved away, he released a short breath in disappointment. Then she went in again slowly and sensually licking her bottom lip. 

Rafael moved an inch forward not of his own accord. Just as their lips were about to meet Fiora bobbed her head and kissed him on the tip of his nose. 

She spun away giggling and took refuge on the other side of the bed with her nightgown in hand. 

“Wha--?” 

“You never specified where.” Fiora laughed triumphantly. 

Rafael jumped onto the bed and grasped the nape of Fiora dress in his fist pulling her close. 

“Allow me to reiterate.”