𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔-𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭

Naina's POV

"You look like an alligator," she quipped, pushing him away dramatically. "Get off me!"

"What the hell do you mean by alligator?" he snapped back, eyebrows furrowed in mock offense. "Are you seriously comparing this masterpiece," - he gestured to his face with exaggerated flair - "to a scaly reptile?"

"Maybe?" she teased, hopping up before he could protest further and darting away like a mischievous pixie.

"Good morning, beta," Dhruv's mom chimed as she entered the kitchen.

"Good morning, aunty," Naina replied cheerily, always eager to help. "Need a hand?"

"Naina betee, could you pass me the sugar container?" Dhruv's mom asked sweetly, elbow-deep in pancake batter. "It's in the cabinet."

"You got it, aunty," Naina confirmed, rummaging through the pantry with a flourish.

"Thank you. And one more thing," Dhruv's mom continued, "can you whip up some noodles for your husband? I'll handle the pancakes."

"Noodles?" Naina grinned mischievously, her mind already plotting. "Sure thing, aunty."

Once the noodles were ready, Naina couldn't resist adding a cheeky smiley face on top before proudly presenting the tray at the dining table, scanning for her husband-in-hiding.

"Bhabi, are you looking for someone? He's still not out of bed," Dhruv teased, settling into his seat with a grin.

"Did I ask you?" Naina shot back, giving Dhruv a playful glare.

"Ain't nobody got time for niceties," Dhruv shrugged, digging into the special breakfast.

"Naina, can you go wake him up?" Dhruv's mom requested, setting down plates.

"He's already awake," Naina replied, spotting Avyaan descending the stairs looking dapper.

"Here he comes. Sit down, Avyaan, today's breakfast is extra special for you," Dhruv's mom teased.

"Why's that?" Avyaan inquired, intrigued.

"Because today's breakfast was whipped up by your dear sister-in-law," Dhruv announced, poking fun at Avyaan with a grin.

"Indeed, I've conjured up a culinary masterpiece just for you. Try it and tell me what you think," Naina said with an evil smirk, catching Avyaan's cautious eye.

"Who, me?" Avyaan asked, pointing at himself and then looking around innocently.

"No, she meant me," Dhruv clarified, smirking at Avyaan's expense.

Avyaan hesitated before tasting the noodles she made.

"How is it?" she asked eagerly.

"It's good," Avyaan responded cautiously, taking another bite.

"Really?" she gasped dramatically, eyes wide with mock surprise.

"Why, did you put something weird in here?" Avyaan asked, raising an eyebrow suspiciously, his eyes betraying a hint of redness

Flashback

"kya mujhe ek ya do chammach daalana chaahie?",Naina thought looking at the red chilli powder

(Should I put one spoon or two)

"Teen chammach daalen",Naina startled a bit,she turned around and saw dhruv standing while taking a bit from his apple

(Put three spoon)

"Won't that be too much?" Naina asked looking at the maggie which now turned into orangish colour