𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗-𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Naina's POV

Our trip was an absolute whirlwind.

I never imagined he would take me to the dance floor, knowing well his disdain for dancing.

Lost in his mesmerizing brown eyes, I was oblivious to everything around us. It was as if the world had faded away.

Dhruv's playful banter on the way home contrasted sharply with Shivannya's scrutinizing glances aimed my way, laden with suspicion

She didn't utter a word in front of them, but her side-eye game was on point, sizing me up like I'd just committed a crime and was sneaking away without a trace.

I couldn't even chop onions properly, let alone anything more serious

We stumbled back home close to 9 pm, and I practically sprinted to my room, my exhaustion reaching levels where I could've dozed off standing up. Dodging Shivi's impending interrogation was also high on my agenda!

The next morning, I woke up later than usual, craving more sleep desperately. As I reluctantly peeked out from under my blanket, I was startled to spot a figure creeping towards the cupboards with the stealth of a thief.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" I screamed in sheer terror, convinced a burglar had invaded, shielding my eyes from what I feared might be a naked intruder.

"AHHHHHH!" The intruder's scream pierced the air even louder than mine, echoing my panic.

Why are you screaming?" I snapped at him, my eyes glued to his unexpectedly non-bulky, veiny-armed, cute-tummy-having, but still naked upper body.

"Because you were screaming," he retorted, turning around with a nonchalance that belied his state of undress!

Pressing my lips together, I fought the urge to poke his chest.

"Like what you see, Bella?" he teased mischievously.

"Like this? Eww, never," I responded, wagging my finger up and down at his naked self.

"What's 'eww' supposed to mean? Girls swoon over this body," he countered aggressively, as if I had just committed a crime.

Yeah, whatever," I rolled my eyes at him, striding purposefully towards the bathroom.

AUTHOR'S POV

Taking a seat beside Avyaan, Naina glanced around, searching for Shivannya amidst the gathering.

"She's already gone home, bhabi," Dhruv remarked, catching Naina's attention.

"Ohh," Naina responded dryly. She was already feeling bored, her mind drifting to thoughts of missing her best friend, Shivannya

Dhruv, bubbling with excitement, couldn't contain his curiosity any longer. 'What name have you decided for my niece?' he asked eagerly.

Avyaan raised an eyebrow incredulously. 'Who told you all this?' he questioned, trying to piece together how Dhruv had gotten wind of their private conversation

"I overheard you guys last night, alright? I even caught wind of your grand plan—how you're adamant about not stopping until you've got two of... well, let's just say Avyaan decided to stuff his mouth with paratha before he could spill more beans!"