𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕-𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐰 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐧𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝

AUTHOR'S POV

"Sorry," Naina said with a hint of guilt in her voice.

"It's okay," Avyaan replied, thinking she might be regretting their kiss.

"No, it's not okay. I'm really sorry," Naina murmured again, stepping in front of him.

"Why?" Avyaan remarked, staring at her. "Are you regretting that?"

"Very much. I guess I shouldn't have done that," she chirped, looking down at her feet.

"It's not a big deal," he said, grabbing his phone from the table.

"It's a big deal!" she shouted.

"I shouldn't have seen you like that," she said, covering her eyes with her fingers.

Avyaan furrowed his brow. "How you shouldn't have seen me?"

"Mujhe maaf kar do," she murmured. "I saw you naked," she confessed in one breath.

(Forgive me)

"You--what??" Avyaan exclaimed, covering his body with his hands instinctively.

"Maine aapko nanga dekh liya," she said again, showing him one of his childhood pictures.

(I saw you naked)

"What the hell," he was dumbfounded. "Give it back to me!"

"No, I won't give it back," she said, hiding the picture behind her back.

"Look, I'm telling you nicely, give it back," he snapped. "Mere izzat ka sawal hai."

(It's about my reputation)

"Take it if you can," she teased, running around the room.

"Stop running," he replied, chasing her.

"You can't catch me," she said, jumping onto the bed.

As she was about to leap, Avyaan pulled her back. The sudden impact made them both fall onto the bed, with Naina on top of Avyaan.

"So what were you saying?" He traced his finger through her hair. "I can't catch you?"

They looked at each other for a few moments before bursting into laughter.

"Naina beti---" Dhruv's mom entered the room.

"Oops, sorry," she said, seeing the scene.

Naina hurriedly got up and stood properly. "It's not what you're thinking, Aunty."

What would she think?

It's so embarrassing.

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. He was now sitting on the bed, his ears turning a bit red. Is he embarrassed?

"It's okay, beta. I should say sorry for coming in without knocking," Dhruv's mom smiled a little to ease the embarrassment.

"Kuch keh rahi thi aap?" This time Avyaan asked her.