𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎-𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐝𝐢𝐥

AUTHOR'S POV

Naina savored each bite of the pani puri, immersed in its delightful blend of sweetness, tanginess, and spice. Her senses tingled with each flavorful burst, her attention solely on the stall beside the bustling food court.

Suddenly, a jolt disrupted her moment of culinary bliss. Someone approached from behind, covering her eyes and calling out her name with such force that she nearly choked on the puri in her mouth.

"Who the hell are you?" Naina demanded, struggling to break free from the unexpected grip.

"Guess," came the teasing reply, accompanied by a mischievous grin as the boy loosened his hold slightly.

"If I could guess, I wouldn't be asking," Naina retorted, attempting a smile that didn't quite mask her irritation.

"It's me, Adil," he introduced himself with a hint of surprise at Naina's apparent lack of recognition.

"And who's Adil?" Naina shot back, her attempt to maintain composure faltering.

"You really don't know me?" Adil sounded incredulous, causing Naina to sigh inwardly.

"I really don't. Now, if you'll excuse me," Naina managed a strained smile before swiftly walking away, eager to escape the awkward encounter.

Moments later, relief washed over her as Shivannya greeted her with a warm hug. "You're looking so pretty," Shivannya exclaimed as soon as she spotted Naina approaching.

The episode at the pani puri stall had momentarily disrupted Naina's tranquility, but the compliment from Shivannya helped restore her sense of calm amidst the chaotic surroundings of the food court.

Dhruv's sudden comment caught Shivaanya off guard, his playful teasing punctuating the air. "Aye haye bhabi. Tumphar toh boht ladke marte honge," he quipped, sidling up behind her and giving a light hug.

(Many boys would have died because of you)

Shivaanya rolled her eyes, used to Dhruv's antics. "Ladko ka pata nahi, lekin kutte boht padte hain mere piche," Naina retorted, already irritated by the intrusion.

(I don't know about boys but there's a lot of dogs after me)

"Kyu bhai, kiska kutta tumhar bhok diya ab?" Dhruv continued teasing, only to be met with glares from both best friends.

(Why?whose dog bark on you now?)

"Dhruv," Shivaanya shot him a warning look, "tum apne dost ke paas jao."

(You go to your friend)

Dhruv, sensing he had pushed his luck too far, retreated with a smirk, leaving Shivaanya to turn her concern towards Naina. "Kya hua hai? Bandar jaise mu kyu bana rakha hai?" she asked, cupping Naina's face with worry.

(What happened?Why did you make a face like monkey)

Wow, what a loyal friend she is.

Naina glanced back at the pani puri stall, lamenting the interruption to her snack. "mere pani puris.."

(My Pani puris)

Avyaan's POV

Avyaan's irritation simmered visibly as he noticed Adil approaching, his fist clenching involuntarily at the sight of his so-called little brother.

"Wow, brother, you haven't told her about me yet?" Adil smirked, casting a sly glance in Naina's direction.

"Shut the hell up," Avyaan snarled, his anger barely contained. "Why are you here?" He struggled to maintain composure, his nostrils flaring with suppressed rage.