𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖-𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

AUTHOR'S POV

The next morning, everyone gathered for breakfast, chit-chatting away. Shivanya was also present since Dhruv's mom insisted she stay the night after their exhausting day.

Naina no longer felt awkward with Dhruv's family. They were kind and treated her like one of their own, which was a stark contrast to her own parents. Her parents, who were more concerned with their social standing than her happiness, were trying to force her into an arranged marriage with a man she hadn’t even seen. She only knew his last name: Khurana.

One day, while heading to her room, she overheard her father on the phone saying, “Don’t worry, she’ll be the daughter-in-law of the Khuranas. I hope they don’t back out of the deal.” That was the final straw. She decided to run away, leaving behind her little brother and sister without even a phone call. At least she had one of her best friends here with her.

"Naina beta, kaha kho gaye ho?" Dhruv's mom asked, snapping her back to reality.

(Where are you lost, Naina?)

"Nahi bas ese he," Naina replied with a slight smile.

(No, it's just like that.)

“Aap kuch keh rahe the,” Naina redirected the attention to Dhruv’s mom.

(You were saying something.)

"Kyu na hum sab aaj milkar ek trip pe chale," Dhruv's mom suggested.

(Why don't we all go on a trip today?)

“Wow, mom. Idea to mast hai. Vaise bhi ghar baithe baithe bore ho raha hoon,” Dhruv exclaimed.

(The idea is great, mom. I’m getting bored sitting at home anyway.)

"Alright, we'll go to our farmhouse. Get ready everyone," Dhruv said, giving Avyaan a playful push.

"Kya hua maa, aap itne pareshan kyu lag rahi ho?" Shivanya asked, noticing her mother-in-law's worried expression.

(What happened, mom? Why do you look so worried?)

"Mere bhai ka tabiyat kharab ho gaya hai. Soch rahi thi waha jao," Dhruv’s mom explained.

(My brother is suddenly ill. I was thinking of visiting him.)

"Isme sochne wali kya baat hai? Aap jaiye aunty," Naina reassured her.

(There’s nothing to think about. You should go, aunty.)

"Sorry beta, main trip pe nahi ja sakti," Dhruv’s mom said apologetically.

(Sorry, dear. I can't go on the trip.)

"It's totally okay, aunty. Family comes first. We'll go some other day," Naina said with a warm smile.

"Nahi nahi. Main nahi ja sakti toh kya? Mere wajah se tum log apna trip cancel mat karo. Pata nahi kal ho na ho. So aaj hi jao aur enjoy karo," Dhruv's mom insisted firmly.

(No, no. Just because I can't go doesn’t mean you should cancel your trip. You never know what tomorrow holds. Go today and enjoy.)

"Guys, hum sab trip pe chal rahe hain toh itne chup kyun ho?" Shivanya asked, looking at them curiously.

(Guys, we’re going on a trip. Why are you all so quiet?)

"Accha, accha. Main ek joke sunata hoon," Dhruv said, grabbing everyone’s attention.

(Alright, alright. I'll tell you a joke.)

Naina, Avyaan, and Shivanya all rolled their eyes.

"Khushi ki mummy ne Khushi ke papa se kya kaha?" Dhruv asked, pausing for dramatic effect.