𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑- 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥

Announcement:We have been informed that there is some problem in the railroad, so our train won't be able to proceed further. Passengers are requested to disembark from the train. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience."

Naina's POV

As the announcement reverberated through the train, shock gripped me entirely. "What the hell, how could they not go further? What will we do now?" I almost shouted, my frustration bubbling to the surface.

How were we supposed to travel at this hour? Glancing at my phone, I realized it was almost midnight. Where could I possibly go at this hour

One by one, passengers began to disembark from the train, and reluctantly, I followed suit. Stepping down onto the platform, I surveyed my surroundings, only to be engulfed by an eerie sense of foreboding. Panic started to set in as I realized I couldn't see him anywhere. Throughout this journey, he had become my bench partner, a familiar presence in the chaos.

My eyes frantically scanned the platform until they landed on him. He stood beside a nearby shop, engaged in casual conversation with the shopkeeper. As he grabbed some cold drinks and headed towards the exit, a sense of relief washed over me. There was no way I was going to stay here alone.

Gathering my courage, I hoisted up my lehenga and dashed towards him, nearly colliding with his back in my haste.

"aise cheeta kee tarah kyon bhaag rahe hain aap?he questioned, amusement dancing in his eyes.

(Why are you running like a cheetah)

"Woh-mein baass-", I stumbled over my words, unsure of how to respond. How could I convey that I was willing to follow him wherever he went?

(... I mean...)

"Wait a minute. Did you really think I'd leave you here at this hour?" His voice carried an air of mystery, leaving her wondering about his intentions.

"Isn't it obvious? Why would you help me?" she asked, puzzled by his unexpected kindness. But behind her question lingered a deeper curiosity, wondering what secrets lay beneath his seemingly altruistic gesture toward a stranger in need.

"I know you don't have a good impression about me but I am not that bad ek ladki ko akele chhod kar chala jaoon voh bhee aadhee raat ko" he replied, his voice a blend of sincerity and conviction.

(Leaving a girl alone at midnight)

"Just moments ago, I spoke with the shopkeeper, and he revealed that tomorrow at 8 o'clock, a bus will depart. It seems fate has opened the door for us to embark on our journey to Uttarakhand tomorrow."

As I was gazing into the distance, wondering if a miracle would appear, he calmly stated, 'Mein toh baas dekh raha tha koi gadhi hai bhi ya nahi,' urging me to walk on,

(I was just finding if there's any cab avilable or not)

As we trudged along, the world around us seemed to hold its breath, the silence palpable, broken only by the faint presence of fellow passengers from the train. With no other choice, we pressed on, his figure leading the way while I trailed behind, a mere shadow in the drama of life.

Ah, the whims of fate! Just a week ago, life was a symphony of joy, but now, existential doubts creep in like uninvited guests at a feast of uncertainty.

Yet onward we marched, through the hushed streets, until at last, a beacon of hope emerged in the distance-a grand, adorned building, promising refuge from the tumultuous journey of self-discovery."