𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑-𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐢

AUTHOR POV

Naina had no choice but to return home, even though she dreaded it. She knew that once she stepped inside, a host of troubles awaited her.

The cold air seeping through the window made her hug herself more tightly. As she leaned against the window, her thoughts drifted back to Avyaan.

The moments they shared, their playful bickerings, and his flirtatious charm made her feel a rush of excitement. She felt butterflies dancing wildly in her stomach, a giddy sensation spreading through her with each memory.

The memory of their kiss lingered, etched in her mind like an unexpected masterpiece. It was a moment she never fathomed with him, yet it swept her off her feet, leaving her breathless and flushed with a newfound intensity.

Just the thought of it now sent a rush of warmth to her cheeks, a silent testament to the electric spark that ignited between them.

As night gave way to dawn, the train pulled into Mumbai station. Naina never imagined she would return to this city.

The thought of Abhay and Shivanya discovering her presence sent chills down her spine; if they found out, they would undoubtedly kill her because she had longed to escape this hell, yet here she was, returning to its clutches once more.

She hailed a cab and headed towards her house, her mind swirling with a torrent of negative thoughts.

AHUJA MANSION

As usual, the Ahuja Mansion was cloaked in a cold, stern atmosphere. The family sat around the breakfast table, consuming their meal in utter silence. The quiet was abruptly shattered by the sudden chime of the doorbell.

Everyone was puzzled by the unexpected visitor at such an early hour. Devika called for Meethi, their house help, to see who could be at the door.

As soon as Meethi opened the door, Arnav shouted, "Di!" in an amused tone. Shanaya's excitement mirrored his as she saw her sister after so many days.

Hearing Arnav's exclamation, Shivay turned his gaze toward the door and saw Naina standing there.

Devika and Shivay's eyes softened as they looked at their princess, reunited with her after so many days.

Shivay stood up from his chair and rushed toward her, with Devika following closely behind. Their siblings joined in, creating a heartfelt family reunion.

Devika immediately embraced her, showering kisses all over her face"Where were you, beta? Do you even know how scared we were?" Devika said, her voice cracking with emotion.

Naina gently pushed her away to free herself and said in a stern tone, "Please stop this act, Mom and Dad."

"Naina, is this any way to talk to your mom?" Shivay Ahuja raised his voice slightly.

"Then how am I supposed to talk to you, knowing that I'm just a bargaining chip for you?" Naina snapped back

"What are you saying, Naina?" Shivay asked, his face etched with confusion.

"Oh, please! I know all about the deal between you and the Khurranas," Naina responded, her expression unreadable.

"Yes, we had a deal with the Khurranas, but it doesn't concern you directly. Our company was facing some challenges, and they offered their help since we've been friends for a long time"Shivay paused for a moment

"Regarding the marriage, dear, they sent the proposal, and we genuinely believed he might be a good match for you"Shivay sighed heavily, a wave of shame washing over him for not seeking his daughter's opinion