Chapter 1

The Encounter of the Newbie

The dark world has once shined light too. And mine too, to be honest. They appeared out of nowhere, and dragged me out of there without a warning. I appreciated them, a lot. Tachibana Kotoha, Umemiya Hajime...

"Don't tell anyone about what happened just now."
The bell on the door rang, announcing the appearance of a girl and a boy with dual coloured hair. He's even wearing Furin's school uniform. There's no school today, is there?

"Huh, why--"

"About what?"
I asked, hearing that. My sudden question made the two slowly turn their heads to me, staring at me with a couple of blinks on their eyes.

"What are you hiding?" I continued asking as I sipped on my coffee in my seat.

"N-nothing! Am I right, Sakura?" Kotoha, the boss of the Pothos Cafe, and also a friend of mine.

"Huh.... Oh... Right..." And for the dual haired boy.... Eh, I don't know him. Pretty sure he's not from this small town. His weird dual hair colour aside, is he wearing contacts? He's got one eye yellow. No offense though, it's not bad looking, I like it.

"Ah haha...! I'll be going to the kitchen~" Kotoha mysteriously sang, and made her way to the kitchen. Now left is the boy I don't seem to recognize.

He didn't seem to know what to do with my sudden appearance. I pulled out a chair at the counter that's beside me, and patted on the seat.
"Pop a squat."

He did as I said, surprisingly. He kept his sight straight, not looking at me. Now, he's the one who's bugging me. And I don't like it at all.

"Sakura, right? So, what's the secret you two were hiding from?" I asked straight to the point.

"D-don't call my name like you know me for a long time!"

Excuse me?

"I don't give a crap, just answer the damn question!"

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue on me, and turned his head facing another way.

"She got ganged up by some dudes. I got them all down, though."

"Ahh?!!?!"
I stood up, slapping on the table as my coffee almost spilled.

I told her to be careful!

Kotoha rushed out of the kitchen with a plate of omurice in her hand, asking.
"What's with the yelling, Ryo?"

"You, woman, are in big trouble if he knew!"
I scolded, pointing my index finger at her while standing up.

Sakura seemed pretty confused at this scene, as Kotoha glanced at him with a rather fierce look.

"I told you to not tell, didn't I?"

"It's not that big of a deal, is it?" He's saying it like it's nothing.

Kotoha placed the omurice in front of him with a spoon and fork too.

"It's fine for me as long as she's safe.... But whatever you do, just don't tell a soul about this..." I sat back down, sweatdropping at Kotoha as I sighed at my coffee.

"So, you're not from this town right, Sakura?" I started asking him questions once again.

"Why are you still calling me so casually..."

I ignored his words.
"No wonder I've never seen you around here before."

"Oi."

"It's pretty rare for anyone to come to this town." Kotoha agreed.